Oviedo Montessori School
- Oviedo Montessori School was established in 1998.Authentic Montessori Lessons are student-centeredandindividualized.Each child recieves one-on-one instruction and then choosesalesson that appeals to him and works at his own pace.A lesson can be repeated until self satisfactionisachieved.he Montessori method builds a positive attitudetowardslearning.Lessons are designed so that each new step is built ontheprevious step and on what the child has learned.This ensures the success of completion which in turn buildsachild's self-confidence, fostering inner security and a senseoforder.
- Through carefully designed individualizedactivities,children stay focused and learn to extend theirattention.Children are provided with opportunities to discovernewsituations and objects.
- Curiosity is one of the mostimportantelements in learning.Oviedo Montessori School's materials are carefully chosenanddesigned for activities which are geared towards a child'sinnerneeds.The child learns to initiate an activity, which in turn isanessential quality of leadership.www.Oviedomontessori.com.
Oviedo Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ESOL|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||45 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra Geometry Piano Gardening Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School shirt and khakis on Fridays)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||VPK schedules 2 options. 90 days August-December 7:30am-3:00pm or 90 days January to May. 730-3:00pm VPK extended hours (Wrap-around) available. Both part time and full time options for 2 year old children.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Karen Nelson|
|Admissions Associate||Ms Migdalia Torres|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, DanceBasketball, Dance,|
Authentic Montessori Curriculum
Oviedo Montessori School includes
Oviedo Montessori School includes
- Music, Art
- Fitness, Dance
- Spanish, American Sign Language
- Science, Technology, and Engineering
- LARGE outside playground
- Low teacher/child ratio
- Dedicated Montessori teachers, Montesdori Certified inages2-6.
- Teachers have degrees in Elementary Education, Science andMath,Special Education, and infant to age 3
- All CPR and First Aide trained
- FBI background clearance level iv for every staff
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oviedo Grades: PK | 19 students
113 W Chapman Rd
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407) 324-7772 1.8 PK
- Winter Park Grades: NS | 69 students
741 S. Pennsylvania Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 647-0505 10.4 NS
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?