Winter Park Day Nursery, Inc.
Winter Park Day Nursery, Inc. Photo #3 - Learning about physics with hands-on activities helps develop concepts for future learning.
Winter Park Day Nursery, Inc. Photo #4 - Education and experience with computers is a part of every child's experience at WPDN.
- Founded in 1939, the Winter Park Day Nursery is a private, not-for-profit childcare center and preschool.
- Our mission is provide a secure, nurturing and educational environment that is affordable and supports family diversity.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is listed on a sliding scale. Discounts are available based on family income and household size|
|Admissions Director||Tammy Surrine|
|Admissions Associate||Heather Caldwell|
- NAC accredited since July 2009. High/Scope curriculum. Conscious Discipline classroom management philosophy. Dual language: Spanish and English. Fees based on family income. Heart of Florida United Way agency.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oviedo Grades: NS-1 | 45 students
261 S Central Avenue
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407)365-4848 10.4 NS-1
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.