- Our mission at PACE is to enhance the lives of people impacted by autism, through innovation, exceptional education and compassionate care.
- PACE provides for the educational & residential needs of individuals with autism and other developmental disorders.
- Specialists in speech and language development, occupational therapy, behavior management and special education instruction work as a team to serve the diverse needs of our clients.
- Research has shown that people with learning disabilities who are enrolled in effective programs at an early age are better equipped to achieve academic, social and workplace success, allowing them to reach their full potential and to lead rewarding lives.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Communication Disorders|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||All enrollment is conducted through a referral from a local school district.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Kennan|
The Pacific Autism Center for Education (PACE) provides high quality programs for individuals with autism living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our programs include:
- The PACE School - serves students ages 6-22 who live with moderate to severe autism, with specific emphasis on non-verbal students and those with especially challenging behaviors and communication disorders.
- Children`s Services - serves 50+ preschoolers and early elementary aged children a year, via our Faces program in Redwood City, and Sunny Days Preschool in San Jose. This program offers home-based and center-based therapy, and parent training.
- Residential Group Homes - PACE operates two children and four adult group homes, each licensed to serve residents from 6 to 59+ years of age. Each group home houses six individuals and is managed by an administrator who is assisted by a team of trained residential staff members, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.