Pacific Rim Int'l School
- Pacific Rim International School opened in the Fall of 1989 and is committed to providing children with the very best Chinese-English and Japanese-English bilingual multicultural education in a Montessori environment.
- Our emphasis is on the development of the whole child: social, physical, emotional, intellectual, linguistic, aesthetic, spiritual and cultural needs.
- We devote our best efforts to assisting children in the acquisition of skills and knowledge as a preparation for life.
- Our school offers a comprehensive bilingual-multicultural program for children in Mandarin and Japanese between the ages of eighteen months to eighteen years old.
- Pacific Rim International School believes that when children are guided to follow their natural path of development, they will attain their highest level of learning.
- We recognize and respect each child's unique abilities and talents.
- We maintain our commitment to providing children with the opportunity to progress at their own pace and explore by their own choice within limits.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alameda Grades: PK-K | 85 students
1421 High Street
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)865-4536 6.3 PK-K
- Alameda Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
1910 San Antonio Avenue
Alameda, CA 94501
(510)522-4456 5.3 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 2.4 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: K-6 | 80 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510)841-7248 1.9 K-6
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.