- Parkhill School operates exclusively with public revenues under contract with local public school districts.
- Districts refer students and fund school placement when there is no more appropriate program available in the student's local public school.
- Public revenues do not cover the total costs of services.
- Qualified, trained and caring staff works in partnership with parents, family members, community professionals, public and private agencies in a collaborative team approach.
- Emphasis is placed on creating a therapeutic instructional relationship between adult and student, which treats the individual student in his/her entirety, and allows for the maximum independent expression of one's humanity and developmental potential.
- The philosophy of Parkhill's Founders is implemented through a caring, personalized, therapeutic learning environment incorporating a strong, standards-based academic curriculum, which reinforces, promotes and challenges learning which commensurate with each student's abilities and interest.
- A highly structured, empirically-based school-wide behaviour management program and fully-integrated, professionally delivered, counseling support promotes self-direction, self-regulation, and mature emotional expression.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 530.3 K-12
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 315.3 4-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.