- Parkhill School operates exclusively with public revenues under contract with local public school districts.
- Districts refer students and fund school placement when there is no more appropriate program available in the student's local public school.
- Public revenues do not cover the total costs of services.
- Qualified, trained and caring staff works in partnership with parents, family members, community professionals, public and private agencies in a collaborative team approach.
- Emphasis is placed on creating a therapeutic instructional relationship between adult and student, which treats the individual student in his/her entirety, and allows for the maximum independent expression of one's humanity and developmental potential.
- The philosophy of Parkhill's Founders is implemented through a caring, personalized, therapeutic learning environment incorporating a strong, standards-based academic curriculum, which reinforces, promotes and challenges learning which commensurate with each student's abilities and interest.
- A highly structured, empirically-based school-wide behaviour management program and fully-integrated, professionally delivered, counseling support promotes self-direction, self-regulation, and mature emotional expression.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 530.3 K-12
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925)706-7086 315.3 4-8
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.