Pflugerville Montessori School
- Established in 1987, Pflugerville Montessori School is the oldest Montessori school in Pflugerville and Round Rock area.
- Our school is designed and built under the layout concepts specific to the Montessori method of education.
- Our school is a recognized (accredited) Montessori school by the Association Montessori International and a member of the North American Montessori Teachers Association.
- The Montessori trained teachers and the assistants are selected with the utmost regard for the specific personal and professional qualities, knowledge and skills that would enable the children to experience warm, nurturing and the best Montessori environment possible.
- The basic principle in the Montessori Philosophy of education is that every child carries within his/her self-potentialities of a person that he/she can become.
- The Life Force that is there is hidden in every young child to develop his/her intellectual, physical and spiritual powers to the fullest.
- The Pflugerville Montessori School is established to assist those children entrusted to its care to help become that unique human being for the benefit of their own personal development and for the good of the society in which one day they will be involved with.
- The goal of the program is to help each child his or her potential thereby helping the child to develop concentration, self-esteem and experience the joys of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||68 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.