Phoenix School Of Roseburg
- Phoenix School is a special purpose school in Douglas County, Oregon, established in 1981 to serve at-risk youth who wish to continue their education but are unable to succeed in the public school system.
- Phoenix School relies on public donations, grants, and some public education funds for its support.
- We have the capacity to serve two hundred students per term.
- The entire student population qualifies for the National School Lunch Program.
- The student population reflects twice the level of community diversity.
- We provide tuition free accredited middle school and high school alternative programs that respond to the five major reason youth drop out.
- They are the Oregon Youth Service Corp, counseling for grief, substance and sexual abuse, a teen parent program and certified infant to toddler childcare.
- Our school improvement data supplied to regulatory and accreditation agencies shows that we successfully engage, educate and transition at-risk youth.
- Graduate follow-up studies show our graduates have 96% employment status, show a 98% satisfaction index for their Phoenix experience, and transition to successful independent living 83% of the time.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roseburg Grades: PK-K | 18 students
1138 Ne Lincoln St
Roseburg, OR 97470
(541)673-6416 2.6 PK-K
- Roseburg Grades: NS-8 | 38 students
1653 NW Troost Street
Roseburg, OR 97471
(541)673-5278 4 NS-8
- Sutherlin Grades: PK-8 | 23 students
845 W Central Ave
Sutherlin, OR 97479 12.2 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.