Pilgrim Lutheran School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (480) 830-1724
- Pilgrim Lutheran School exists so that through a thorough education, In the light of God's Word, families will know God's promises And be able to witness and serve God and others.
- Our philosophy is based solely on the true, inspired, inerrant Word of God.
- Through this Word of God the child learns that he is by nature dead in trespasses and sin and thus eternally lost.
- Through this same Word of God the child learns to know the Triune God as his Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier.
- Our Christian education brings to the child the joyful message of God's free gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit works this faith in his heart. Pilgrim Lutheran School is maintained by the congregation to serve as an agency to help the parent in the Christian training of their children in accordance with our Savior's command.
- "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Pilgrim Lutheran School is a school whose primary purpose is the Christian training of the children whose parents are members of Pilgrim Evangelical Lutheran Church, and of the un-churched in our community.
- However, children holding membership in congregations not affiliated with Pilgrim Lutheran Church will also be given consideration.
- At times when space may be limited, elements will be considered in the following order of preference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mesa Grades: PK-7 | 128 students
1230 N Gilbert Rd
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480) 890-1580 2 PK-7
- Mesa Grades: PK-6 | 84 students
1810 E Southern Ave
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480) 892-9327 2.7 PK-6
- Mesa Grades: NS | 63 students
2745 North 32nd Street
Mesa, AZ 85213
(480) 325-0687 3 NS
We have had the privilege of attending this school since kindergarten. The teachers truly care about the kids here. The class sizes are small and enable one-on-one instruction. We wanted a Christian school, and we were so blessed when we came across Pilgrim Lutheran. I would highly recommend them for your child's education!
- Posted by Parent - Amy
In my opinion, there is no other school that comes close to the education that Pilgrim provides. My daughter has absolutely flourished in this environment. Pilgrim has small class sizes and teachers who actually care about your children. They actively take part in your child's life. They have an excellent curriculum, and Bible based teachings. What else could you want? They teach respect, love, understanding, and forgiveness, along with everything else that is required by the state. But like I said, it is in a personal environment, and tailored to the needs of each individual child. I know this because I was also a student there. The teachers have changed since I was in grade school, but the wonderful environment of people who care, hasn’t. I highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - Slater
The teachers have high but age-appropriate expectations for the children. If children don`t see that they are expected to try hard things then they will never learn to try, fail and get back up again until they succeed. The teachers are firm, fair and loving and help the children with not only academics but life lessons. Christ-centered education and a family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - Momoftwo
My three children attend Pilgrim Lutheran School and every teacher has made an effort to make a positive difference in our lives. The school has small class sizes, and the staff is focused on doing their very best for the children. I have seen my children flourish academically, socially, and watching them grow in Gods Word is such a blessing. I would recommend this School.
- Posted by Parent - Michael Roach
My three children attend Pilgrim Lutheran School and we all love it. As a former public school teacher, I value the small class sizes with teachers who genuinely love and care about their students. These teachers have gotten to know my kids and are so great about meeting all their needs- academic, emotional, and spiritual.
- Posted by Parent - Heather Zwick
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.