5.00 (1 review)
Pinecrest School Photo #2 - Pinecrest School Lower School Building, built 2017 -- Preschool, kindergarten &first grade classesrooms; library
Pinecrest School Photo #3 - Pinecrest School Campus -- Upper Building (L); Lower School Building (R)
- Pinecrest School is committed to providing an atmosphere that bolsters self-confidence and equips its students with the cognitive skills necessary to undertake and succeed in rigorous academic pursuits throughout their lives.
- It strives to reinforce basic values such as honesty, integrity, respect for others, and an appreciation for diversity.
- Involving families in the Pinecrest educational experience, low student-teacher ratios, caring and committed teachers, and a cohesive school community combine with a challenging, hands-on educational program to foster the development in students of high self-esteem, independence, and responsibility. Our ability to meet the individual needs of children enables each student to grow academically, socially, and emotionally at his or her own pace within a nurturing and supportive educational environment.
- Brand new lower school building - serving preschool, kindergarten and first grade classes - opens Fall 2017!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2019-20 Preschool Tuition: $6,700/year // 2019-20 K-6 Tuition: $15,850/year // before- & after-care fees additional|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Trisha Serven|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
K-Kids (elementary school branch of Kiwanis International)
- Awarded "Best Summer Camp" (2018) in Northern Virginia Magazine and "Best Private Elementary School" and "Best Private Preschool School" (2015), "Best Preschool" (2014) in Washington Family Magazine's Readers Best Surveys.
- STEAM classes, music, physical education and computer coding are special enrichment classes included in the regular tuition.
- Before-care starting at 7:30 a.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- After-care until 6 p.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- The campus includes two modern school buildings, built in 2004 and 2017.
- The upper school building, opened in 2004, includes an arts/science lab, a computer lab, and a multipurpose assembly and indoor recreation space.
- A modern, new lower school building serving preschool, kindergarten and first grade opened in Fall 2017.
- Pinecrest Summer Pavilion summer camp program is available to rising K-6 students in morning, afternoon, or full-day sessions (with optional before-care starting at 7:45 a.m. and after-care until 6 p.m); it is available to 4-year-old preschoolers in morning-only sessions (no after-care); creative, themed classes available for all ages.
- After-school enrichment activities offered in fall, winter, and spring sessions.
- Pinecrest School is fully accredited through AdvancED/SACS (Southern Association of Colleges & Schools).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annandale Grades: PK-6 | 152 students
4955 Sunset Ln
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)256-4711 1.5 PK-6
- Annandale Grades: NS | 78 students
6531 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
(703)941-9791 1.5 NS
We love Pinecrest School, and can't say enough wonderful things about it. The warm, caring environment is evident throughout the grades and the administration is wonderful. The teaching and curriculum is fantastic. Ultimately, we chose Pinecrest after looking at no less than other 6 private schools priced from $5,000 - $30,000 per year, and chose Pinecrest for the following reasons: * Rigorous academics * Small Class size * Positive social and emotional environment * An appreciation for diversity * Spanish starting in preschool * High level of parent involvement, and the families are all so warm and friendly * Their test scores are off the charts. (see the 1st bullet) * It strives to reinforce basic values such as honesty, integrity, respect for others * A wonderful teaching and administrative staff that makes it all happen, starting with the Head of School * Oh, and we love their Pinecrest Summer Pavilion (summer camp) too! We couldn't be happier and highly recommend it to those looking for a nurturing environment with strong academics. P.S. Pinecrest is, in the next 2-3 years, planning to replace the "lower school" building as it has been well-loved and it's time for a replacement. Then, the outside of the school will be a better reflection of all the wonderful learning that goes on inside. We''re excited to be a part of this new chapter.
- Posted by Parent - ercro
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.