- Playfactory preschool and kindergarten was started by the Temple City Christian Church in 1973 to answer the need of families in the community, including the increasing number of single-parent families, for high-quality but affordable day care and preschool education.
- Although still partly supported by the church and located in the church complex, Playfactory is a non-sectarian program and welcomes children of all religions and creeds.
- Because our goal is service to the children and to the community, Playfactory is a non-profit organization.
- As part of our mission of service, Playfactory can provide some tuition assistance for families in financial hardship on a case-by-case basis.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arcadia Grades: PK-K | 18 students
9845 E Lemon Ave
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626)445-7103 0.5 PK-K
- Arcadia Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
530 Las Tunas Drive
Arcadia, CA 91007
(626)447-3907 0.5 NS-PK
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.