- Playhouse is a preschool which values childhood as an exciting and important time when young children need to explore and experiment freely toward self-discovery.
- It is a place where the most important knowledge is self-knowledge, which later informs academic learning.
- Following the guiding principles of developmentally appropriate practice for young children, the Playhouse strives to provide each child with the tools needed to form a confident and positive self-concept as a learner.
- A cooperative school, Playhouse encourages and values the contributions of parents and families which produce a mosaic of patterns of participation.
- The Playhouse staff is experienced in fostering an environment of guidance, support, love and understanding for students and families.
- Playhouse is a reflection of the ideas, values, and people in the community it serves.
- With its sliding scale fee structure, Playhouse encourages an economically diverse student body.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West OrangeGrades: K-12 | 128 students
100 Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052
OrangeGrades: PK-8 | 182 students
455 White St
Orange, NJ 07050
MontclairGrades: K-12 | 100 students
208 South Mountain Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07042
OrangeGrades: 9-12 | 22 students
123 Cleveland St
Orange, NJ 07050
BloomfieldGrades: NS-K | 136 students
156 Washington Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.