Pope Francis High School
- Pope Francis High School is a Catholic co-educational, college-preparatory school which instills Gospel values and fosters academic excellence in a diverse community of learners.
- Our mission is to challenge students to grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically to become critical thinkers and faith-based leaders who embody justice, peace, service, and mercy in the global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,090|
|Tuition Notes||For those actively affiliated with a Catholic Church in the Diocese, there is a reduced tuition rate.|
|Admissions Director||Theresa Zaborowski|
- In the spring of 2015, then Bishop Mitchell T. Rozanski announced that Cathedral High School and Holyoke Catholic High School would merge into a new regional Catholic school beginning in 2016. He accepted a recommendation of the joint Cathedral and Holyoke Catholic high schools` Student Advisory Committee to call the new regional Catholic high school Pope Francis in honor of the pope who was reigning at that time.
- In the fall of 2016, students converged under the banner of Pope Francis High School at the former location of Holyoke Catholic in Chicopee while a new facility was constructed at the site of the former Cathedral on Wendover Road in Springfield. In anticipation of the new building opening in 2018, the name of the school was changed to Pope Francis Preparatory School to better reflect the mission of the school.
- Building on a strong foundation of excellence, Pope Francis Preparatory School offers its students the best of what its legacy schools had to offer. Students carry on the values and many traditions of both Cathedral and Holyoke Catholic, while forging a new path for secondary Catholic education in the Diocese of Springfield. Pope Francis Preparatory School will provide a beautiful, state-of-the-art, safe environment for students to worship, learn, and succeed for generations to come.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westfield Grades: PK-12 | 290 students
27 Bartlett St
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 568-5692 7.5 PK-12
- Holyoke Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
21 Westfield Rd
Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 536-2236 3.7 PK-8
- Springfield Grades: 9-12 | 366 students
99 Wendover Road
Springfield, MA 01118
(833) 999-7673 4.5 9-12
We have found this school to be a gem. The teachers are exceptional the adminstration is on the ball. They work as a team and the kids know they care above all else this makes the differences. The tuition is the best you will find in the area. The kids are well grounded.
- Posted by Parent - bertf
I went to public school from kindergarten-8th grade and then to Holyoke Catholic from 9th-12th. They were the best four years of my life! There is a place (socially) for everyone, the student body as a whole is accepting, non-judge mental, and all around loving and good. Teachers and staff were dedicated, fair, inspirational, and amazing, overall. The academics are challenging but push you to try your very best- I am the only one of my friends from college who thinks that college work is a breeze because my high school taught me to be organized and productive. The English department is the best you''ll find; Mr. Matte and Sr. Marlene made me a pro at writing, thinking critically, and I now am constantly asked to edit and critique the writing of others. I look back on my high school years so fondly, and sometimes even wish I could go back!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Prone