Prep Academy Schools - Polaris
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (614) 818-0502
Prep Academy is a unique and diverse educational community of Infants, Toddlers, Pre-K, and Full-Day Kindergarten.
Through our exclusive Accelerated Education Program, we prepare each child to be a leader academically, developmentally and socially and we instill in each student a confidence and love of learning that is accompanied by high achievement and recognition. Schedule your tour today to see for yourself.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-2|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie Smith|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Classes, Soccer Classes
- At Prep Academy, our certified, nurturing teachers follow students` individual needs to help them reach their full potential. Colorful and well-designed classrooms with Smart Boards and iPads available to every student, along with well-equipped computer labs and learning centers, set the stage for exploration, creative development, and stimulate interest and involvement under the watchful eye of highly trained degreed and certified teachers and staff. Prep Academy offers two beautiful, sophisticated, secure, state-of-the-art campuses in the Dublin and Lewis Center areas which are designed for 21st Century learning. We offer before- and after-school programs, which are an extension to the learning experience, providing parents with peace of mind and freedom to pursue personal and professional responsibilities. Our Summer camp programs and classes keep your child`s active mind engaged in learning while the regular school year is out.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westerville Grades: K-5 | 176 students
975 S. Sunbury Road
Westerville, OH 43081
(614) 794-8146 4.9 K-5
- Westerville Grades: PK-K | 236 students
6841 Freeman Rd
Westerville, OH 43082
(614) 890-8985 2.7 PK-K
- Westerville Grades: K | 6 students
1231 County Line Rd
Westerville, OH 43081 3.9 K
- Westerville Grades: PK-K | 138 students
561 Westar Blvd
Westerville, OH 43082
(614) 899-2588 0.7 PK-K
Both of my boys are currently enrolled in Prep Academy- Polaris (my oldest since he was 18mos who is now 5 and my youngest who started when he was 8 weeks and is now 2). I cannot begin to say enough GREAT things about this school. Sure, does the school cost a little more, and it's not the most glamorous looking place, but if you are choosing your daycare based on "looks" I suggest you change that NOW :) The return you get from this school is WELL WORTH IT IN EVERY WAY. Teachers: There is little to no turn over in teachers, which is AMAZING. Sure, some of them have left due to new jobs or graduating college, but the leadership does a great job of RETAINING the good talent and all teachers seem to be happy! Not to mention how great they are with the children. I can be crazy about who I trust with our children, and never once have I felt concerned about any teacher.App for your child: they use an app that keeps you updated on how your child is doing all day long. It tells you what they ate, when they went potty, what they did that day and send pictures as well! It helps you feel super connected and relieved on how your child's day is going since it is "live" updates.Curriculum: the curriculum is outstanding and my kids are pretty darn smart, thanks to Prep, not me! They are very academic and make it fun for the kids. My youngest is WAY more advanced compared to my oldest at that age who did not attend daycare until he was older. And these schools are accredited by the ODE, which very few day cares are.Indoor gym: a lot of daycares don't have a large motor area (gym) indoors. This is GREAT to let the kids get out of their classroom throughout the day and also to play when the weather isn't great. Both the older school and younger school have one.Overall, I cannot recommend Prep enough. I listen to my friends complain about their daycares all the time and I can honestly say that with Prep, I've had nothing to complain about. If I ever have a concern, management is very open to hearing your thoughts and will make sure something is done.Not to mention, they are now offering "parents day/night out" where the kids can play with their friends and have fun while the parents have a little time on a weekend day or night to enjoy themselves.
- Posted by Parent - Ashley
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.