- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 680 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 21 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Go to www.pshouston.org/SchoolUniform to view dress code requirements.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
After School Classes, Odyssey of the Mind
Arts and Music Programs:
- The founding purpose of Presbyterian School, established in 1989, was and remains to provide families with a "Christ-centered learning environment in which the total family will experience support and growth." For more than two decades, Presbyterian School has fostered the unique and wonderful mixture of intellect, emotion, talent, and spirit in children while challenging them to become caring, compassionate citizens of their School, family, community, and world. That children should be educated in an environment integrating the three major institutions in their lives (the Family, the School, and the Church) is counter-cultural today. However, that was the simple and essential message of the School at its founding, and this mission still guides us in powerful ways here in the first part of the 21st Century.
- Anchored in this mission, children at Presbyterian School develop to their fullest potential - intellectually, physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually - in a supportive and challenging environment. Students are treated as individuals of worth and are encouraged to develop a sense of responsibility in relation to God, to others, to the world in which they live, and, ultimately, to themselves.
- The School's program is rooted in 21st Century skills and habits of mind that appeal to a diversity of learners who acquire these skills and habits in different ways and at different rates. Talented and caring teachers regularly assess each child's development and, drawing upon their own acumen and experiences, employ those techniques most likely to touch and inspire individual learners.
- Parents are vital to any child`s development, so Presbyterian School offers parent education programs designed to help parents understand the 21st Century`s exciting educational milieu. At the same time and using Christian principles, the School`s programs also support parents through the moral and spiritual dilemmas facing families today as well as with timeless issues faced by all parents throughout the ages.
- Finally, Presbyterian School seeks to help its students understand and believe, at the simplest yet deepest level, that God loves them unconditionally. Children of all races, ethnic groups, and religious backgrounds are welcome and will be encouraged to develop their spiritual identities and their love of God in a Christ-centered environment.We are a school that believes in the clarity of our mission, identity, and vision and that who we are and what we do is captured succinctly and purposefully in the phrase: Confidence in every Child. Our students will come to anticipate-even welcome-the next challenge with energy, acuity, and confidence. Along the way each will come to appreciate that, by accepting the challenges of going too far-to paraphrase T.S. Eliot-one discovers how very far one can go.
Endorse Presbyterian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards