The Joy School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 142 students
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / Mar. 1 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Joy School is committed to helping children with learning differences reach their academic, social, and creative potential by providing an environment that is safe, supportive and innovative such that they can learn successfully.The Joy School was founded in 1997 by a team of educators, related professionals, and parents who recognized an underserved need in Houston, specifically children with learning differences.
- The Joy School is a nonsectarian, independent, non profit day school focused on meeting the unique needs of students who, although intellectually capable, often have great difficulty finding success in a traditional school environment.The Joy School strives to provide the remediation, accommodation and resources students need to first address existing academic deficits and then begin the process for returning to a mainstream school.
- The Joy School provides a unique, nurturing environment in which teachers and administrators work as a team for the benefit of all students.
Endorse The Joy School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards