The Fay School
- Founded in 1991, The Fay School provides a secure, nurturing and academically challenging environment on a lush eight-acre campus along Houston's Buffalo Bayou.
- The Fay School offers a caring culture of hands-on learning, creativity, personal attention, and positive reinforcement.
- So many Houston families are choosing to begin their children's education at a place where learning is not only encouraged, it is celebrated; where outstanding teachers and a dedicated support staff foster in their students a love of learning for its own sake; a place where values such as respect, tolerance, and self-reliance are held in high esteem and put into practice every day; a place that makes learning the kind of experience it should be: joyful.
- The mission of The Fay School is to provide a secure, nurturing, academically challenging environment in which children feel free to take risks, to fail, and to try again and, thereby, to learn.
- We seek the balanced growth of the whole child: intellectual, physical, social, ethical and artistic through academic opportunities.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,900|
|Tuition Notes||Please note that this it the highest annual tuition for 5th Grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,338|
|Admissions Director||Ali Lyman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Fencing, Gymnastics, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBallet, Fencing,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
As you enter our strikingly beautiful and serene campus, you will feel a sense of warmth and safety. Moreover, you will understand that The Fay School is truly a home. We take tremendous pride in guiding our students to becoming young people who are:
Prepared, Well-Rounded, and Articulate. These three core values, you can expect, are the realized outcomes that continue to justify our educational model and philosophy.
- Prepared: We prepare our students and alumni for entrance into and success within Houston`s finest middle and upper schools. Our progressive and rigorous curriculum is exclusively preparatory in nature and our graduates are successful throughout the city of Houston and beyond.
- Well-Rounded: Our well-rounded students are grounded in an appreciation of community and global awareness. Our "Fay Family" is central to the ethos of our intentional culture and the diversity of thought and experiences our students enjoy.
- Articulate: We believe communication is paramount to success and we teach our students to articulate their own thoughts, values, and aspirations. At The Fay School, success is found in our students` poised and compelling communication with peers and adults alike.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: K-8 | 142 students
1 Chelsea Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
(713) 523-0660 4.7 K-8
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 350 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 493-1070 8.4 1-12
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 409 students
7450 Memorial Woods Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 290-2500 1 NS-8