The Branch School
- The mission of The Branch School is to inspire students to love, learn, and lead.
- The Branch School was established in 1977 and offers a strong academic education with hands-on and collaborative learning opportunities.
- The school`s project-based learning approach provides a strong foundation as well as the development of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Juanita Wilson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Piano Lessons, Robotics, Sign Language, Theater, Yoga, Zoo Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Junior Athletes, Soccer Shots
- The Branch School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) and AdvancEd and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- We provide our students a world-class education in a warm, caring community.
- The school's curriculum is STEAM-based (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math).
- A love of nature is cultivated through our Outdoor Classroom program with environmental studies.
- Our low student/teacher ratio allows for individualized attention with differentiated instruction.
- Values and character education are taught and modeled.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS-5 | 302 students
105 N Post Oak Lane
Houston, TX 77024
(713)681-8300 7.4 NS-5
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 350 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
(281)493-1070 3.2 1-12
- Houston Grades: NS-8 | 409 students
7450 Memorial Woods Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713)290-2500 7.2 NS-8
- Houston Grades: K-8 | 142 students
1 Chelsea Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
(713)523-0660 12 K-8
My daughter has attended The Branch School for five years. She is in middle school. She is receiving an amazing education here. The small class sizes make it possible for teachers to offer very experiential learning opportunities and to really know your child`s strengths and weaknesses. Homework is reasonable and allows for extracurriculars and family time in the evenings. We also love the daily outdoor time TBS prioritizes even at the middle school level. Most importantly, though, this school fosters a community of kindness and respect amongst the students. Teachers and administrators live these principles and and set the tone for a campus free from bullying and exclusion. The Principal is approachable, very dynamic, and deeply cares about every student at TBS.
- Posted by Parent - BKM
Our children have attended this school since they were 3 years old and we are beyond content. The families are so close; the curriculum is challenging; the teachers are so loving! I like that they have 2 teachers per a class, that way one can teach and the other help a struggling student catch up or a student that is ahead keep moving further ahead. They focus so much on kindness I'm grateful we have never had to encounter the meanness that's so prevalent in other schools now. The counselor, a third and kinder teacher are especially gems.
- Posted by Parent - Momof3