Rainard School for Gifted Students
Tel: (713) 647-7246
Our Mission is to embrace the needs of gifted children by nurturing the individual`s intellectual growth, social skills, and emotional development in an environment that inspires the joy of learning.
Upcoming Events and News
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 04, 2021 - Wed., May 05, 2021 12:00pm (CDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 11, 2021 6:00pm (CDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 11, 2021 12:00pm (CDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 18, 2021 6:00pm (CDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Tue., May 18, 2021 12:00pm (CDT) - get more information!
- Gifted Children Social & Emotional Issues Webinar - 03/22/2021 - Our Head of School, Dr. Tomicic, shares some of the issues gifted children are having during COVID-19 and how we are assisting our students and parents during these unprecedented times.
Please enjoy the webinar and learn more about Rainard! hide
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,089|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $9,900 - $19,450.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Bridgett Springer|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Club, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Rainard school serves students that have been identified as being academically gifted. Our school is the only non profit private school in Houston with a singular focus in gifted education.
- We evaluate giftedness through a variety of measures, including - Teacher evaluations -Parent feedback -Student interviews -IQ test performed by a qualified practioner (If your child has already been identified as gifted by a school district, then the IQ test requirement is waived)
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.