Memorial Private School (6th - 12th)
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (281) 759-2288
Memorial Private School (6th - 12th) Photo #2 - Ignite Your Interests. Whether you are working in science lab, doing a service project, or joining a new club, find your calm and focus at Memorial Private School.
Memorial Private School (6th - 12th) Photo #3 - Ease Up on Yourself. Find Your Genius! Leading the way in research-based learning, Memorial Private School works alongside some of the best universities and companies in the country. This unique approach helps students develop a growth-mindset as they prepare for college and life.
Memorial Private School (6th - 12th) Photo #4 - Where We Create Calm. Unlike many schools, we intentionally create a low stress environment, and that includes our furry friends! Georgie, the leader of our "Paw Patrol" can be found monitoring the halls, and keeps school life connected and calm.
Memorial Private School (6th - 12th) Photo #5 - Go Beyond Your Boundaries. Find out what works best for you in the world of sports and fitness. Memorial Private School offers team sports, parisi, yoga, dance, and other fitness options. We are also right next to a wonderful park!
Memorial Private School (6th - 12th) Photo #6 - Pursue Your Purpose. Students enjoy tending to the campus gardens and do a number of community service service projects throughout the year. Check out our site to see all of our different projects, including: environmental clean-ups, scouting projects, tutoring kids, and supporting the needy, sick, military and homeless.
Memorial Private School is a life and college prep independent school for grades 6-12, located in West Houston.
The school offers a full academic year program, as well as year-round credit courses and summer classes.
The learning environment appeals to students who want more academic challenge, lower stress, extra help and support, small classes, and a small school setting with sports, dances, trips, annual retreat, and other activities.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(We have a school uniform.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||MPHS has a monthly payment plan; does not offer scholarships yet.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pamela Camp|
|Admissions Associate||Eleanor Sheldon|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Paddle Tennis, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Comic Book Club, Drawing Club, Farming Club, H.O.P.E. Club, Jounalism Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Crossfit, Girls Fitness, Yoga
- Accredited by Cognia/AdvancED/Southern Association of Colleges & Schools, Memorial Private School is a life and college prep independent school for grades 6-12.
- Founded in 2004, Memorial Private School serves students in the Spring Branch ISD area and surrounding areas in Houston, Texas.
- Memorial Private School offers a full academic year program, as well as year-round credit courses and summer classes. Memorial Private School appeals to students who want more academic challenge, lower stress, extra help and support, small classes, and a small school with sports, prom, trips, annual retreat, and other activities.
- A pioneer in creating a microschool, also called small school and pods, Memorial Private School intentionally keeps the student body small during the academic year. In the summer, it expands the audience to include over 300 students from all over Houston by offering summer school classes on campus or by remote with support sessions.
- Memorial Private School is helpful to a diverse spectrum of students, from those with mild learning differences to the gifted and talented. The school helps students mature and grow sociallly, academically, and spriritually. Athough there is a spiritual component, Memorial is open to students of all faiths.
- The key differentiators include: a research-based approach to learning (working alongside some of the best universities and companies in the country), a small, safe, and calm learning environment, traditional values, robust weekly/bi-weekly activites, and a strong commitment to community service that builds a close community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: NS | 77 students
12280 Westheimer Rd Ste 50
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-7323 2.6 NS
I want to thank MPHS staff and teachers for all their hard work. Our son, Mike, graduated from Memorial Private High School 1 year ago. His teachers there were great at working with students as individuals, both those more advanced learners and those with specific challenges. This past year Mike studied and earned a certificate as a pharmacy technician. And Monday he starts his first job in his field. We are so excited to see him using his strong abilities and continuing to work through challenges to become a productive young adult.Joan Gonzalez
- Posted by Parent - Joan Gonzalez
Memorial Private School is really different from most private schools because of their research project-based approach to education. They partner with top universities and companies to give teens a chance to experience practical applications to subject matter. Small classes, individualized attention, and strong values are integral at MPHS. As a former private school administrator for over 15 years, I am impressed.
- Posted by Administrator - Ann Peterson
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.