The Village School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (281) 496-7900
- The Village School is a coeducational, non-denominational college preparatory private school located in the energy corridor of West Houston.
- Village offers limited space throughout the year for grades Pre-K 2 through 12 and is one of the only boarding schools in Houston.
- Known for its strength in math and science, Village is dedicated to STEM education.
- Students at all grade levels participate in athletics, fine arts, and extracurricular activities.
- The Village School has an international student body, with students representing six continents and more than 80 countries.
- The Village School`s athletic department is accredited by the Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS) and Village High School offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma program, the Entrepreneurship Diploma program in partnership with Bridges to Wealth at the Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania, and a boarding program. The Village School is also part of the Nord Anglia Education network of schools.
- Nord Anglia Education is the world`s leading premium schools organization.
- We are a global family of 66 international schools educating over 32,000 students from pre-school to the end of secondary education. We are driven by one unifying philosophy we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,773 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||273 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies per grade ($21,225-$29,300)|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess, Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy, Habitat for Humanity, Math Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society (NHS), Robotics, Science Club, Student council/government, Student Newspaper, TED-Ed Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Ceramics, Choir/Chorus, Creative writing, Dance, Drama, Instrumental and theory music lessons, Orchestra, Painting, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Marathon Runners Team, MS150/Cycling Team
- The Village School, founded in 1966, has a tradition of rigorous and highly personalized learning paired with hands-on innovative methods of teaching. Located in the energy corridor of Houston, Village offers an American educational experience to its diverse and international student body who represent six continents and more than 60 countries. The Village School is known for its excellence in math and science, and recently announced a new collaboration with The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), which will enhance its widely-recognized STEAM curriculum. The Village School is a proud member of the Nord Anglia Education`s network of schools. Graduates are accepted into an extensive number of prestigious universities ranging from Ivy League schools like Yale and Harvard to universities here in Texas like UT Austin and Texas A&M, and even top international schools such as University College London. Limited placements for Preschool 2`s through grade 12. An International Baccalaureate School. For a private tour contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.496.7900.www.TheVillageSchool.com
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 6.4 PK-12
- Houston Grades: 1-12 | 350 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 493-1070 1.3 1-12
- Houston Grades: NS-6 | 276 students
1685 S Dairy Ashford St
Houston, TX 77077
(281) 558-3515 0.8 NS-6
My experience with The Village School has been overall positive and I like their new parent communication method. It takes the pressure off of me having to seek out newsletters without bombarding me with information.
- Posted by Parent - Sam
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?