Annunciation Orthodox School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (713) 470-5610
- Founded in 1970, Annunciation Orthodox School (AOS) is a co-educational school that serves approximately 700 students from 3-years-old to 8th grade.
- AOS offers an educational experience that extends beyond academic excellence and includes the development of strong character in an Orthodox Christian environment.
- Every day, we celebrate the distinct talents and diverse backgrounds of our students, cultivating empathy, resilience, confidence, and agape (unconditional love in action) while fostering a joy of learning. Our students mature into grounded and compassionate members of society prepared for future challenges.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Religious Affiliation||Greek Orthodox|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||711 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Formal uniforms on Thursdays; casual uniform on other days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 17|
|Tuition Notes||$16300 for preschool up to $22680 for Middle School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Molly Khalil|
|Admissions Associate||Casey Kegelman|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess, Dance Classes, Greek Language, Math Club, Music Lessons, Piano Studio, Scouts, Spanish Language Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Orchestra, Percussion Ensemble, Quiz Bowl Team, Robotics Club, Science Club, Theater Club
- Annunciation Orthodox School, having grown from a ministry of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, celebrates the diverse and individual qualities of all children and their families. AOS provides a superior education in a secure and stimulating Christian environment which encourages the individual child to achieve academic, spiritual, emotional, social and physical excellence, and to become a responsible member of our society.
- The learning environment at AOS encourages students to try something challenging, take academic risks, and abandon the fear of failure. Public speaking is a hallmark of the school, and AOS educators are committed to providing students with an engaging curriculum in a nurturing environment. They instill excitement for the discovery of knowledge while motivating students to reach individual goals and explore their unique strengths and talents. With its close proximity to the museum and performing arts districts, medical center, major universities, libraries, downtown, and zoo, the acquisition of knowledge occurs both inside and outside the classroom.
- Please visit our website to learn more about our school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 782-1640 7.2 PK-12
- Houston Grades: K-5 | 1431 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 850-0222 2.2 K-5
AOS is a wonderful school. My son is in Pre-K and he loves going to school every day. The school is a nurturing environment that also provides a diverse and challenging curriculum. In addition to academics, the school also focuses on developing the students moral character and sense of community. It is a school that places community service as one of its priorities. AOS is a great community with extensive parent involvement. The new addition to the building is beautiful. The space is open and full of light. You really see all the hard work and dedication that was put in not just by the school, but also by the parents in order to make it all possible. We have just started our AOS journey and we are looking forward to the many years ahead that we have to be a part of this community.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
AOS is an amazing place! Warm teachers, administrators, and parent community. Challenging academics and faculty that are interested in capturing the hearts of young children to create a love of learning from early childhood. My young children (age 3.5 and 5) are exposed to a variety of Fine Arts, Athletics, Language, and other enrichment activities and we could not be more excited to see them grow into the mature, intelligent, and kind middle school children they have as role models at AOS!
- Posted by Parent - Alifiya Pareja
AOS is the most well-rounded school. As a parent of middle and lower school students, I am impressed with the genuine culture of love and powerhouse academics. I wish every school could achieve what this school does, which is to help raise kind, intelligent and compassionate people.
- Posted by Parent - Lia Rodi
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?