Presentation Of Mary Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Presentation of Mary Academy is a private, Catholic, co-ed, college preparatory high school, built on the tradition of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary.
- Presentation of Mary Academy provides a quality education that seeks to integrate Catholic beliefs and values with academic excellence, thus empowering young women and men to assume roles of leadership and service to family, Church and community.
- PMA is strongly committed to providing an environment for students to reach their potential through fostering positive self-image, promoting self-discipline, developing critical thinking skills and enhancing each one's unique talents; offering advanced placement, honors, college preparatory and elective courses that present students the opportunity for intellectual, spiritual and emotional growth; developing young women and men with strong morals and values through the teachings of Jesus; these provide the foundation for ongoing Christian growth; encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities and athletics; providing a dedicated faculty and staff, who challenge young women and men to achieve and who serve as role models; and maintaining updated facilities to meet evolving educational needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP French Language, AP Spanish Language, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,600|
|Tuition Notes||International students should email the Admissions Office for international tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jane Danahy Foss|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Hamilton|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Crew,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- LawrenceGrades: 9-12 | 1353 students
300 Hampshire St
Lawrence, MA 01841
- North AndoverGrades: 9-12 | 381 students
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
- AmesburyGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
- South HamiltonGrades: 9-12 | 374 students
537 Highland St
South Hamilton, MA 01982
- ExeterGrades: 9-12 | 1085 students
20 Main St
Exeter, NH 03833
I graduated from PMA almost 20 years ago and I still credit them for making me into the person I am today. The way I was encouraged to learn and embrace school, rather than hate it, stayed with me through college, graduate school and now in my career. In fact, I was so prepared for college that I tested out of several freshman classes (and I know a lot of my former classmates did as well.) At PMA they care about the student as an individual and I was always encouraged to pursue greatness. I still remember every one of my teachers, and, even more impressive, they still remember me. I am glad to say that after a recent visit the atmosphere and overall feel of the school is the same. I would highly recommend PMA.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ejbel
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.