Rcma-mira Verde Coc
- Rcma-mira Verde Coc provides quality child care and early education for children of migrant farm workers and rural, low-income families throughout Florida.
- From three centers with approximately 75 children in the Homestead and Florida City area, RCMA today serves nearly 8,000 children in over 75 centers, including two charter schools, in 21 Florida counties.
- More than 2,000 children are on waiting lists. The largest non-profit child-care provider in Florida, RCMA is a leader in high-quality early childhood services; more than half of RCMA’s child-care centers are nationally accredited.
- A non-sectarian association, RCMA is built on principles of incorporating the family into child development, healthcare and educational activities and hiring and training staff from the communities served.
- This provides security for the parents, knowing their cultures are respected, while their children are being prepared to enter school.
- For the children. this provides both the strength of their ethnic origins and the Anglo society that they are being prepared to enter.
- Overseeing RCMA is a volunteer Board of Directors, drawn from the geographic regions where RCMA operates and the constituencies served.
- RCMA is funded by local, state and federal grants, as well as the generosity of the United Way, agribusiness and other corporations, community foundations and individuals. Volunteers and donors are always welcome.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Rcma-mira Verde Coc is International Christian Academy Of Labelle (2.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Labelle Grades: PK-12 | 87 students
233 Clark Street
Labelle, FL 33975
(863)675-4227 2.9 PK-12
- Labelle Grades: K-9 | 91 students
Po Box 1860
Labelle, FL 33975
(863)675-3277 3.9 K-9
- Venus Grades: 5-12 | 33 students
Po Box 506
Venus, FL 33960
(863)699-3785 21.8 5-12
- Fort Myers Grades: PK-12 | 191 students
12925 Palm Beach Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33905
(239)694-8882 23.4 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.