Renton Preparatory Christian School Microsoft Showcase
- Renton Prep is a "MICROSOFT SHOWCASE SCHOOL" and was recently selected as on of the "TOP PRIVATE SCHOOLS" by The Learning Counsel.
- It is a learner-centered 1-1 digital device blended learning environment known for its research-based implementation of Harvard University's "Mind, Brain and Education" philosophy of learning.
- Serving 150 competitively selected students from 26 nations and 12 faith traditions, its diverse community of researchers and learners reflects our unified commitment to offering a globally connected, researched-based learning environment with an emphasis in STEM and Fine Arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-10|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||31 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Student designed uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,008|
|Tuition Notes||financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David-Paul Zimmerman|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Huggins|
- Renton Prep is a natural extension of Amazing Grace Christian School's Kindergarten Prep - 8th grade elementary school. Having outgrown its Seattle campus, it began a private-public partnership with the City of Renton to lease several floors of the 7 story building that once housed the Renton City Hall It is located in downtown Renton, on the banks of the Cedar River. Set in a 20 acre community owned site, Renton Prep offers access to playfields, outdoor tennis and basketball courts and a skateboard park as well as 2 indoors gyms, weight and exercise rooms, dance studio, performing arts center, and a 24 mile asphalt running and biking trail. Renton Prep was opened in February 2015 and occupies the first floor of the 7 story building. The building has been re-zoned as a dual use for business and school, serving 3rd through 10th grade , Middle/High School students. As a research based educational environment Renton Prep has a global reach and draws students committed to entering college their junior year in high school. Students co-create their learning design plans that exceed all Washington State requirements and generally carry the equivalent of 6.5 to 7.5 yearly credit load. All 8th graders capable of high school level work are encouraged to complete as many high level courses as they believe they are capable of successfully completing and then receive full high school credit for classes taken and completed.
- Students typically take 20 or more field trips a year, attending the Seattle Opera, Ballet, Shakespeare, 5th Avenue and Paramount Theater productions.
- Renton Prep will continue to remodel and expand classroom space on the additional 2 floors of our building over the next few years and projects serving 250 students by 2019.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Renton Grades: PK-8 | 498 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
(425)255-0059 0.5 PK-8
- Renton Grades: PK-K | 39 students
1707 Edmonds Ave Se
Renton, WA 98058
(425)793-3027 1.3 PK-K
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425)336-3260 1.7 K-12
- Renton Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
850 Union Avenue Ne
Renton, WA 98059
(425)228-9897 2.1 PK-6
Nearby Homes for Sale
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.