Risen Lord Montessori School
- Risen Lord Montessori School, serving preschool and elementary children ages three to nine, opened its doors in September of 2004 in response to the obvious need for Montessori schools on the south side of Indianapolis.
- In addition to Indianapolis, it serves the communities of Bargersville, Center Grove, Franklin, Greenwood, Martinsville, Mooresville, New Whiteland,Trafalgar, and Whiteland.
- As Maria Montessori said, "If houses for children do not exist then let us build them." RLMS fills a unique niche in the community as not only one of the few Montessori schools on the south side, but also one of the only Christian Montessori schools in the metropolitan Indianapolis area.
- Housed within Risen Lord Lutheran Church as one of its ministries, it is located on ten beautiful acres in Johnson County and has the full support of a dynamic and growing church..
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for details for prices. We offer full and half day classes in preschool,an elementary class, and before and after school care.|
|Admissions Director||Timothy Hittinger|
Risen Lord Montessori School teachers are committed to loving each child. Children learn respect for the the world, one another and the materials. As a Montessori school, children will learn to give to those in need locally and globally. At Risen Lord Montessori School, teachers trained in the Montessori method help each child work in a carefully prepared environment at the developmentally appropriate time. RLMS is commiteed to helping each child reach his/her full potential.
- Field trips to orchards, farms, firestations
- Enrichment in Art, Suzuki Violin, Physical Education, Music, and Drama
- Mission Outreach Projects: Hat and Mitten Tree, Food Drive, St. Jude Trike-A-Thon
- International Celebrations
- Spring Sing
- Drama Presentations
- Fostering a lifelong love for learning
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Franklin Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
114 Lancelot Dr
Franklin, IN 46131
(317)738-3451 6.8 PK-8
- Greenwood Grades: PK-5 | 295 students
2045 Averitt Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
(317)881-9970 4 PK-5
the classrooms are new and well equipped. There is a very nice playground that is accessible directly from the classrooms. The teachers just open the doors and the kids get to have fresh air and run and play. There is a nice kitchen very close to the classrooms and we have used that to make yeast rolls with the kids. I like that the heritage of the children varies. We have kids with backgrounds from India, Norway, and Japan, as well as "old stock" Americans. The current director is Stephanie St. John, and she has a masters degree in Montessori. I'm impressed with how she talks & interacts with the kids. The other teacher in Stephanie's class is Jennifer, who has a teaching degree as well as being a Montessori mom. They put on very nice special events for various holidays. I drive a long way to bring my child to this school. It is the only pre-K program that has well educated teachers and such a low teacher to student ratio. They also have a garden outside of the playground area and kids can explore that large grassy area on occasion. Every now and then there are art activities. Music activities are less frequent. I'd love to see more of that. Overall this is a wonderful school and I only wish that I lived closer to it so I wouldn't have a long drive!
- Posted by Parent - Julan
RLMS is a wonderful school and I was very pleased to know that they are the only school in the area who has a Montessori certified teacher in every room and who has put all of their teaching assistants through Montessori training as well. They have the warmth of a small school and are a wonderful asset to the community. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with them and look forward watching them continue to grow.
- Posted by Parent - carpe