Greenwood Christian Academy
Tel: (317) 215-5300
- Greenwood Christian Academy exists to glorify God by serving as an extension of Christian homes in providing an educational environment that integrates Christian principles and truths within the context of exemplary academics and extra-curricular programs. The desired result of these endeavors is that young men and women pursue Christ-centered living and follow God's call upon their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech, mild LD, some Medical 504|
|Total Students||563 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Music Theory, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, Dual Credit American Literature, Dual Credit Composition 101, Dual Credit Composition 102, Dual Credit Criminal Justice|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||This is the average price. The cost changes depending on their grade level.|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotics Club, Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band, Drama Productions, Worship Band
- Greenwood Christian Academy exists to assist parents in their God-given responsibility of discipling their children through excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts in a Christ-centered environment
- The desired result of these endeavors is that young men and women pursue Christ-centered living and follow God's call upon their lives.
- Over the past ten years, God has molded and shaped Greenwood Christian Academy into a tool that prepares our kids for adulthood.
- We have made a commitment to strive for excellence in the education of both academics and our relationship with Jesus Christ.Our goal is to help mold our kids to be lifelong learners desiring to be more like Christ every day.
- Greenwood Christian Academy is in partnership with parents and the local churches to raise up our children in the Christian faith.We are excited about this opportunity to serve you and your family, and we continue to pray for our school family and for God to use us to serve our community.
- GCA's academic program reflects a strong emphasis on excellence in every detail.The faculty & staff are dedicated to Christ-centered teaching.Our goal is to prepare our students for their college and career goals and most importantly for service to the Lord.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwood Grades: PK-5 | 207 students
2045 Averitt Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
(317) 881-9970 1.6 PK-5
- Indianapolis Grades: NS-12 | 288 students
722 E County Line Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 888-3366 4.4 NS-12
- Franklin Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
114 Lancelot Dr
Franklin, IN 46131
(317) 738-3451 7.2 PK-8
- Goshen Grades: NS-12 | 454 students
11000 Hwy 42
Goshen, KY 40026
(502) 736-1009 86.2 NS-12
- Latonia Grades: 9-12 | 349 students
3617 Church St
Latonia, KY 41015
(859) 431-1335 92.7 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?