Riverchase Montessori applies the Montessori Philosophy: the principles, the techniques, and the verbalization needed to obtain a class environment conducive to order, independent learning and self-discipline.
With these elements, we assist the child to reach his/her maximum learning potential while providing the necessary tools to grow and cope with the demands of everyday life.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-1
- Students: 39 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Riverchase hires its faculty from the Montessori Teachers Institute (MTI), a MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teachers Education) accredited training institute. Teachers from the MTI Program learn about the Montessori Philosophy which focuses on developing the amazing power each child has within to reach their full potential. MTI certified teachers are recognized nationally and internationally for their superior academic understanding of the Montessori Materials and Curriculum and of the systematic process of presentations and exercises that go along with each level of learning during their training. Additionally, their competence and understanding of the classroom management principles and techniques needed to successfully and responsibly manage a Montessori Class is widely known in the educational community. www.riverchasemontessori.com
- A Brief Statement from our Director: It is a great privilege for me to be the School Director of Riverchase Montessori. The Montessori Method of Education and Philosophy is my love and passion. I believe that the fundamental role of a director is to link the needs of children, parents and teachers in a rational manner, recognizing that the main focus of this responsibility is to satisfy the needs of the children during each stage of their development. Having been educated as an Elementary Teacher in Colegio Excelsior, Monterrey, Mexico in 1970, I pursued further studies at the University of Labastida with a specialization in Child and Adolescence Psychologyand was selected to attend the International Montessori Educational Center for Elementary, I and II in Bergamo, Italy under the direction of Camilo Grazzini and Eleonore Honegger. I was honored to have my Elementary Montessori Diploma signed and handed personally to me by Mr. Mario Montessori, the only son of Dr. Maria Montessori. Further studies in Early Childhood Montessori Program under the direction and tutelage of Mr. Franco Albanesi in Dallas in the '80s led to my helping to build and grow Montessori Schools in the Dallas Area such as: Montessori School of Plano, Allen Montessori Academy, McKinney Montessori Academy, Richmond Hill Montessori Academy Plano, Fort Montessori Academy Murphy, King Arthur Montessori Academy Carrollton, Little Steps Montessori School Richardson, Coppell Montessori Academy, Kinwest Montessori Academy Las Colinas, and now, Riverchase Montessori Coppell. In 1994, after 20 years of working in the Montessori field as an owner/director, school administrator, and Montessori teacher trainer, I established Montessori Teachers Institute (MTI), which is accredited under MACTE. In 2000, I founded the Curriculum and Material Making Store, “Montessori Accessories". This store was created to satisfy and fulfill the needs of Montessori Teachers and Montessori Schools, with high-quality materials for the Montessori Curriculum. After over 36 years in the field of Early Childhood development, I believe that the best way to educate a child is through the Montessori Method of Education. I have learned that rationality plays a fundamental role in the education of children and know that I am not alone in this belief. If a teacher remains rational and emotionally detached from the child when dealing with him/her, it results in a modification of behavior and mature growth on the part of the child. I hope to build on this belief through my training center and to all parents and teachers of the schools I am responsible for. My years of experience, accomplishments, and success as a teacher, director, administrator and consultant of school facilities have given me insights that have strengthened my awareness of the fundamental needs that children, parents and teachers have in order to work as a team in Montessori Schools. The Mission of a Montessori Teacher is to contribute to the education of each and every child with the conviction and commitment that we do not just educate for the moment, but, for life. -Carmen Sexton, AMI, Director
Great school with nice clean facilities. Don't feel suffocated like it happens at some other schools - very roomy and airy classrooms. Teachers and Curriculum was what got me excited. My daughter is really happy at this school.
Endorse Riverchase Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.