Rochester Central Lutheran School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (507) 289-3267
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #3 - A structured learning environment ensures students develop skills and study habits that will facilitate academic achievement and independence in later stages of learning.
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #4 - Instruction is grounded in the basics of "reading, writing, and arithmetic" and designed to foster a love of learning.
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #5 - A well-developed music program includes choir, handbell, and/or band instruction and performances.
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #6 - A sophisticated PK-8 technology program and curriculum is designed to teach students to create with technology, not just consume.
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #7 - Our community is made up of more than 300 students with diverse academic abilities and socioeconomic backgrounds. Students come from the four corners of Rochester, surrounding communities, and nearly 40 local churches to find that all are welcomed here.
Rochester Central Lutheran School Photo #8 - A structured, play-based learning environment ensures preschool and prekindergarten students develop skills and habits that will facilitate kindergarten readiness and independence for their school years.
- Foundational education: An emphasis on core reading, writing, and math skills and on the acquisition of knowledge ensures students are prepared to excel in later stages of learning.
- Individual instruction: Small class sizes, enrichment and accelerated learning opportunities, and resource services ensure students are challenged or supported as needed.
- Whole-child education: A Christian world view, a balance of the academic disciplines, ample opportunities for extracurricular activity, and a close-knit community together mean the whole child is educatedmind, body, and spirit. You`ve found the right place. Build your child`s foundation at RCLS.
- RCLS serves more than 320 PS-grade 8 students from the four corners of Rochester and surrounding communities and nearly 40 different churches in the Rochester area.
- Established in 1875, RCLS is accredited by the NLSA (National Lutheran School's Association), which is administered by the National Accreditation Commission and a recognized member of the National Council of Private School Accreditation.
- New Version of Alphabet Song: Friend or Foe? - 10/30/2019 - When it comes to the full English alphabet, most of us know the same song. A new twist on the familiar tune is sparking some confusion and outrage on social ...moremedia, but Early Childhood teachers at RCLS see it as another tool for learning. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varies, dependent on number of daily. Register for days as desired.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,400|
|Tuition Notes||Variable Tuition: $3700-7400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Robin Kaufmann|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Homework Club, Math Teams, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
After-school Arts & Crafts Activities, Band, Handbell Choir, Jazz Band, Pop Choir
- Grounded in Grace: In an environment that fosters grace, students learn that they are valued, loved, and forgiven. The outcome? RCLS produces children who are confident, respectful, and kind.
- Formed in Faith: Faith in Jesus Christ is inherent to who we are and informs what we do and how we do it. The outcome? RCLS produces youth who see purpose and plan in the world and for their lives.
- Committed to Learning for Life: RCLS seeks to foster a love of learning, to educate the whole child, and to encourage students to create, not just consume. The outcome? RCLS produces well-rounded students with a strong work ethic, a sense for their strengths, and an ability to lead themselves and others inside and outside the classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 15 students
4016 28th St Se
Rochester, MN 55904
(507) 289-8094 6.2 PK-6
- Rochester Grades: NS-8 | 375 students
5455 50th Ave Nw
Rochester, MN 55901
(507) 288-8818 3.6 NS-8
RCLS has been more than just a school to our family. The faculty, parents and students have all made a lasting impact on our boys both academically and spiritually. The teachers are excellent role-models who truly care for our kids. The academic rigor and Christ-centered education has given them a solid a solid foundation for high school.
- Posted by Parent - R. Poncelet
Our children have been attending RCLS for the last 7 years and we have nothing but good things to say. My husband and I have often talked and said that sending the kids to RCLS was one of the best parenting decisions we have made. It truly has a community feel with many involved parents. The school staff are focused on raising a "whole child" which includes character development in addition to a terrific education. The school works along side us to raise our children and for that we are thankful. After looking into many different schooling options for our kids we are confident that we made the right choice.
- Posted by Parent - M. Clark
We have had children at this school for over 10 years and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers are attentive and caring. The environment is safe and respectful. Our children are well prepared academically and emotionally for high school and beyond.
- Posted by Parent - C. Atwell
Awesome school for all children regardless of their learning style they make it all work. The Teacher's and principal are all about your child learning and growing.Come to an open house to see for yourself
- Posted by Parent - Dk
The reasons we chose RCLS were that they had high standards, but grace to go along with it when the standards weren't met. We loved that they had more recess than the other schools, knowing that our boy couldn't sit still the whole day without it. Personally I love the fact that they use Orton-Gillingham in order to teach reading and spelling. It makes such a difference for those kids. Having such a good resource teacher has been an amazing difference for so many kids. The kids are so welcoming to those who move in. It has been a wonderful environment all around for our son.
- Posted by Parent - Charlotte
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.