Rockland Country Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- RCDS focuses on an individualized approach to education for each of its students.
- The Pre-K through Grade 12 curriculum offers a breadth and depth of academics, arts and inquiry, with multi-age classes and opportunities for mentorship and leadership across the grades.
- Each student benefits from differentiated learning techniques and an exceptional college preparatory program.
- The school offers financial aid to maintain its unique and diverse socioeconomic learning environment on its sprawling rural 20-acre campus near New York City.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English, History, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,975|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by grade $15,900 Pre-K, $23,885 Children's School, $27,610 Middle School, $29,975 Upper School|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tricia Mayer|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Workshops, Ceramics, Chess Club, Chorus, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Drama, E-Magazine, Golf, Improv, Lego Club, Mandarin, Organic Gardening, Percussion, Photography, Psychology, Skiing, Song Writing, Tennis, Yearbook|
- This Pre-K through Grade 12 independent school is based on a humanistic approach to education where each students is approached as an individual. Located on a sprawling 20-acre campus, Rockland Country Day School students benefit from differentiated learning techniques, award-winning arts program and provides an exceptional college preparatory program. Financial aid is available.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garnerville Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
29 Cinder Rd
Garnerville, NY 10923
(845)947-1330 5.4 PK-8
- Nanuet Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
34 West Nyack Road
Nanuet, NY 10954
(845)623-2311 4.5 PK-8
- New City Grades: K-8 | 121 students
384 New Hempstead Rd
New City, NY 10956
(845)634-7977 4 K-8
Rockland Country Day School is the best decision we made for our daughters education. The small class size and open communication with teachers and staff really allow my child to grow academically. RCDS provides music, art, even stem for the youngest of students throughout the week. My daughter really loves her school and has had flourished at RCDS.
- Posted by Parent - Ebony P
Rockland Country Day School has been an amazing fit for my son. The teachers support him in areas of need, and challenge him with individualized advanced academic work in areas of strength. The students and families are diverse - and the entire community embraces kindness, respect, understanding and teamwork. RCDS is an incredibly special place!!!
- Posted by Parent - Proud Parent
RCDS has been an incredible experience for my son. He is fully supported, relaxed, happy and florishing. The teachers are excellent and the community is great. Great education. The best decision we made.
- Posted by Parent - Lisa
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.