Rumson Country Day School
Rumson Country Day School Photo #2 - Lunch is served family style in our dining room. Each table is thoughtfully comprised of mixed age students and one faculty or staff member.
Rumson Country Day School Photo #3 - During a Spanish lesson, Beginners students are engaged through the use of music and movement.
- The Rumson Country Day School, founded in 1926 as an independent educational institution, seeks: to provide students from all communities with a dynamic, challenging academic experience in a safe and supportive environment; to nourish academic excellence, individual and social responsibility, civic awareness, and leadership skills; to inspire our graduates to become life-long learners able to thrive, contribute, and excel in a demanding secondary school environment and in today`s global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,333|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kevin Nicholas|
|Admissions Associate||Liz Scanlon|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Football, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Lower School Drama Club, Upper School Drama Club|
Club or Organization:
After School Programs
- The Rumson Country Day School offers a traditional, academically-rich liberal arts curriculum. Grounded in the fundamentals of English, math, science, language, and history, it is enriched with a broad and varied program of music, visual arts, drama, athletics, and community service. Our teachers are well-educated, caring, and experienced; classes are small; and our school is a comfortable and exciting place to learn and grow. Our student body is divided into two distinct groups. The Lower School, which includes children in preschool through grade 4, lays the strong foundation on which each student's academic experience is built. It is also the place where children will establish the skills and enthusiasm for learning that will stay with them for a lifetime. Students are arranged in self-contained classrooms where the core subjects are taught by the homeroom teacher; specialists expose them to languages, the arts, and athletics. Our Upper School, which includes grades 5-8, offers a completely departmentalized curriculum, with specialized teachers in every subject area. As students mature, they develop independent responsibility for their academic work. Honors and regular courses are offered in many subjects and our course of study is designed to prepare our students for a rigorous secondary school environment. The RCDS experience is completely child-centered with a positive approach. A student's day begins with a friendly greeting from our Head of School at the door and may end with a good-bye hug from a preschool teacher or a pat on the back from a team coach. The words "Kind, Honest, Responsible, and Respectful" are posted all over the campus. Our rigorous academic schedule is carefully balanced with the creative arts, physical education, and sports; our teachers and students work and play hard together and our days are stimulating and full. A 7:1 student-teacher ratio ensures a personalized program and small classes allow teachers to form personal relationships with every student. Activities are designed to develop each child's sense of self-worth, to promote good character, and to encourage curiosity about our world. Our students develop their individual styles, discover new talents, and abilities, and build lasting friendships all in a positive and caring atmosphere. As you walk through our hallways, you pass groups of friendly teachers and students and classrooms humming with activity. The mood is both purposeful and relaxed as everyone goes about their daily activities. We hope prospective families will call our Admissions Office to schedule a campus tour so they can experience this for themselves.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sea Girt Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
2135 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
(732) 449-4747 15.6 PK-8
- Rumson Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
40 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
(732) 842-0348 1.6 PK-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.