- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 409 students
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
After School Programs
- The Rumson Country Day School offers a traditional, academically-rich liberal arts curriculum. Grounded in the fundamentals of English, math, science, language, and history, it is enriched with a broad and varied program of music, visual arts, drama, athletics, and community service. Our teachers are well-educated, caring, and experienced; classes are small; and our school is a comfortable and exciting place to learn and grow. Our student body is divided into two distinct groups. The Lower School, which includes children in preschool through grade 4, lays the strong foundation on which each student's academic experience is built. It is also the place where children will establish the skills and enthusiasm for learning that will stay with them for a lifetime. Students are arranged in self-contained classrooms where the core subjects are taught by the homeroom teacher; specialists expose them to languages, the arts, and athletics. Our Upper School, which includes grades 5-8, offers a completely departmentalized curriculum, with specialized teachers in every subject area. As students mature, they develop independent responsibility for their academic work. Honors and regular courses are offered in many subjects and our course of study is designed to prepare our students for a rigorous secondary school environment. The RCDS experience is completely child-centered with a positive approach. A student's day begins with a friendly greeting from our Head of School at the door and may end with a good-bye hug from a preschool teacher or a pat on the back from a team coach. The words "Kind, Honest, Responsible, and Respectful" are posted all over the campus. Our rigorous academic schedule is carefully balanced with the creative arts, physical education, and sports; our teachers and students work and play hard together and our days are stimulating and full. A 7:1 student-teacher ratio ensures a personalized program and small classes allow teachers to form personal relationships with every student. Activities are designed to develop each child's sense of self-worth, to promote good character, and to encourage curiosity about our world. Our students develop their individual styles, discover new talents, and abilities, and build lasting friendships all in a positive and caring atmosphere. As you walk through our hallways, you pass groups of friendly teachers and students and classrooms humming with activity. The mood is both purposeful and relaxed as everyone goes about their daily activities. We hope prospective families will call our Admissions Office to schedule a campus tour so they can experience this for themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Rumson Country Day School?
What sports does Rumson Country Day School offer?
What is Rumson Country Day School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Rumson Country Day School?
Endorse Rumson Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards