Sacred Heart Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Sacred Heart Academy is a Parish Catholic Elementary School in the Diocese of Arlington.
- It exists primarily to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere in which students may grow in knowledge and in love of God and neighbor.
- The school is committed to the task of assisting parents, who are the primary educators of their children, in developing the total child.
- All Academy programs are directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, social, cultural and physical growth of each child.
- By adhering to Gospel values, teaching Church doctrine and cultivating a Christian attitude toward life experiences, Sacred Heart Academy strives to achieve its purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WinchesterGrades: PK-6 | 75 students
1090 W Parkins Mill Road
Winchester, VA 22602
- Stephens CityGrades: PK-12 | 74 students
Po Box 1360
Stephens City, VA 22655
- WinchesterGrades: PK-12 | 249 students
2581 Northwestern Pike
Winchester, VA 22603
We've had our children at Sacred Heart since 1997, and would not have them anywhere else. SHA has rigorous academic standards, upheld by outstanding teachers and administrators. Our first child was ahead of the curve when he entered high school because of his education at SHA. They provide sports (basketball, track, cheerleading, etc.), strong music instruction and (the best part) a values based education that teaches children to live out their Catholic faith and embrace its heritage. We love Sacred Heart.
- Posted by Parent - peter
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.