Mountain View Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (540) 868-1231
Mountain View Christian Academy Photo #2 - International students work on a cultural lunch for the school.
- Mountain View Christian Academy is located in Winchester, Virginia at the northern end of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.
- MVCA was founded in 1992 as a ministry of The Church of Christ at Mountain View.
- MVCA functions upon the basic fundamental principles of the Word of God, and it espouses the historic Christian view of life as presented in the Bible.
- Our Mission: In partnership with the home and the church, delivers quality education for the while student - spiritually, academically, socially, and physically-producing well-adjusted, morally sound individuals equipped to transform society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP English Language and Composition, AP Government, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Nice Jean and Tees. Modesty)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,700|
|Tuition Notes||$6700.00 for grades K-6 $7700.00 for grades 7-12 Tuition is divided into 11 monthly payments by automatic bank withdrawal. You may choose to pay the full tuition directly to MVCA by August 5th.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Thomas Sederstrom|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
- Mountain View Christian Academy provides quality education from a Christian perspective. Teaching is based on the absolute truths revealed in the Bible and the application of those truths is emphasized in every area of study. Standards are set to raise students to academic excellence. In addition, key principles of Christian character are taught in an effort to train students to whole-heartedly rise to the standard of Christian conduct in obedience, respect, and self-discipline. Thus, the Bible and Christian training are not "extras" but integral parts of every area of study, emphasizing a direct relationship to the sovereign God.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stephens City Grades: NS-12 | 77 students
4701 Valley Pike
Stephens City, VA 22655
(540) 869-4600 5.4 NS-12
- Winchester Grades: K-12 | 101 students
2581 Northwestern Pike
Winchester, VA 22603
(540) 662-5590 5.6 K-12
- Berryville Grades: K-12 | 74 students
15 Keystone Ln
Berryville, VA 22611
(540) 955-0205 8.6 K-12
- Winchester Grades: PK-5 | 45 students
1090 W Parkins Mill Road
Winchester, VA 22602
(540) 667-1184 4.5 PK-5
My two sons are attending this school and it has changed their world. My children initially went to a public elementary school and going to MVCA has placed them in a very pure and comfortable environment that has great teachers and makes their learning experience the best. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent or guardian that wants their children to be educated in the safest and strongest academic environment.
- Posted by Parent - Greg
This school has made such a difference in the lives of my children. I've never seen a place that "practices what they preach" more than this school. The staff are Christian in action, not just on paper. They exude Christ's love through every facet of the school. I see the difference in my children every day (and am frequently complimented on them!) They are honest, respectful, prayerful children and so much of that is from the school environment. The school is consistent in the enforcement of their policies. I am so thankful that this school exists, because it has positively shaped our lives and we are so much better for it.
- Posted by Parent - MVCAmom
My experience putting three children through MVCA (from K-12) was a very positive one throughout. The true partnership that the school/administration offers is priceless in a time when family units are struggling for a consolidated front. I always knew I had a voice at the school, and an ear to hear me there. Yes, the school is small, and some of the resources can seem somewhat 'limited' at times, but that closeness between teacher and student and the attention that each student is afforded with teacher/student ratios what they are is by far more important. All three of my children went on to college and excelled (Dean's listed over their 4 yrs at various State and Private Universities). They were more than prepared academically to enter the college scene. But beyond the academics, MVCA helped to form Good, Christian-living, morally grounded, intelligent young people that were better equipt to go out into the world and know their place in making a difference and living their life for Christ
- Posted by Parent - KM
My Daughter has been attending Mountain View Christian Academy for 3 yrs. They have given her the confidence and encouragement that I never expected. She loves going to school and has been an all A student for 2 yrs. They say they are blessed to have her, I say we are blessed for all they are teaching her and the person she has become. If your looking for an outstanding school, look no farther. Mountain View will be it.
- Posted by Parent - Shelly Johnson
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.