Sacred Heart Elementary School
Tel: (781) 585-2114
- Sacred Heart School (preschool through grade 12) is a private, Catholic, co-educational learning community.
- As a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Divine Providence, we strive to inspire minds, define character and encourage responsible leadership through a curriculum that prepares students to pursue knowledge now and throughout their lives.
- In the tradition of the Sisters of Divine Providence, we seek to develop a community of faith that encourages students to act with compassion, to work for a just society, and to pursue opportunities to develop and share their God-given talents in service to society.
- Established in 1947, the school is located on a 120-acre suburban campus on the Kingston and Plymouth town lines in Massachusetts, with convenient access to major highways.
- Sacred Heart School's comprehensive curriculum at the Elementary School level is rooted in the traditional academic subject areas, and also includes special subjects such as art, music, library and digital information technology, physical education and Spanish foreign language.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||755 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for grades K through 6 is 8,350. Tuition for grades 7 through 12 is 13,900. Tuition for preschool and pre-K varies depending on number of days enrolled. Payment plans and financial aid available.|
|Admissions Director||Ann Taylor|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
After-school enrichment activities
- Established in 1947
- Preschool through grade 12
- Three schools on one campus:
- Early Childhood Center (Preschool, Pre-kindergarten, Kindergarten)
- Elementary School (Grades 1 though 6)
- High School (Grades 7 through 12)
- Suburban campus convenient to Routes 3, 44 and 495
- Accredited by the NEASC
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairhaven Grades: PK-8 | 181 students
100 Spring St
Fairhaven, MA 02719
(508) 996-1983 23 PK-8
- Hingham Grades: PK-8 | 300 students
56 Burditt Ave
Hingham, MA 02043
(781) 749-0746 22.1 PK-8
- New Bedford Grades: PK-8 | 279 students
91 Summer St
New Bedford, MA 02740
(508) 993-3547 23.9 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.