Sacred Heart Elementary School
Tel: (218) 773-0230
- Sacred Heart School is a Child Care, Preschool and K-12th grade school supported by Sacred Heart Church.Sacred Heart Schools, promoting the religious formation of youth, is a Daycare, Preschool, and K-12 Catholic educational institution that celebrated a 100 year Anniversary in the fall of 2012.
- Located in East Grand Forks, Minnesota, Sacred Heart gives students the opportunity to choose their own accomplishments and create their own success stories.
- Along the way, we nurture and embolden them as they grow mentally, physically, and spiritually - forming mind, body, and soul.Mission Statement:Founded upon our Benedictine heritage of prayer and work, Sacred Heart Catholic School promotes faith in Jesus Christ, educates youth and ministers to all.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title|
|Total Students||268 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress Code. No jeans or t-shirts on Mass days.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,675|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships and tuition assistance is available by application.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jen MacLeod Koller|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Softball, Swimming, Volleyball, WrestlingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, VEX Robotics
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Since 1912, Sacred Heart School has been a pillar in the greater Grand Forks community. Sacred Heart School is a child care, preschool and K-12 school located in East Grand Forks, MN.
- Because a young mind is like a sponge, we introduce our students to a myriad of learning experiences. Sacred Heart`s dedicated teachers are trained in differentiated learning, meaning same-age students at different levels are taught in different ways. Students may not all get the same homework and additional staff beef up instruction for challenged students as well as advanced learners.
- We welcome families of all faiths and backgrounds at Sacred Heart. We teach Catholic doctrine, history and tradition. God, Jesus and faith are not relegated to just one class but are woven into everything we do.
- At the 7-12th grade level Sacred Heart functions as a college prep school with core classes focusing on science and math. Many classes use college textbooks. Some juniors and seniors, in fact, often earn college credit. High School students are required to take two years of Spanish or Latin, and those in grades 11 and 12 study Calculus at the neighboring community and technical college. In the spring every student in grades 7-12 takes part in a week-long interim where they may take a course not normally offered in our curriculum, such as sewing or robotics. Other students engage by job shadowing local professionals, where they witness careers ranging from pharmacy to electronics to computer-assisted drafting.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Sacred Heart Elementary School is Riverside Christian School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Grand Forks Grades: PK-12 | 150 students
610 2nd Ave Ne
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
(218) 773-1770 0.2 PK-12
- Grand Forks Grades: K-6 | 47 students
216 Belmont Road
Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-4818 0.7 K-6
- Grand Forks Grades: PK-5 | 162 students
504 5th Ave N
Grand Forks, ND 58203
(701) 772-1822 0.8 PK-5
- Grand Forks Grades: K-5 | 93 students
1001 17th Ave S
Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-9886 1.9 K-5
- Grand Forks Grades: NS-3 | 37 students
1420 24th Ave S.
Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 757-2224 2.5 NS-3
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?