Saint Andrew's Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
Students enjoy recess on the school's 2.5 acre field each day. They sometimes use the field for PE class as well.
In addition to after school athletics, choral and instrumental groups, Saint Andrew's offers a wide variety of after school enrichment activities including Robotics, Cooking, Speech, Karate, Theatre, Chess...
Fifth grade students re-enacting The Battle of Lexington and Concord as part of their Walk Through the American Revolution assembly. On campus assemblies and off campus field trips are incorporated at each grade to complement the curriculum.
Second grade students taking part in music class - Lower School students take part in two enrichment classes each day. Options include Spanish, music, PE, technology, library, religion and art.
The sixth grade math and science lab features white board tables where students can quickly compute solutions or map out a hypothesis.
Technology is integrated throughout the Saint Andrew's curriculum. Each classroom includes an ActivBoard and the school offers a 1:1 laptop program for students in grade four through eight, plus a 1:1 iPad program for students in kindergarten through third grade. All students attend weekly technology classes as part of their regular schedule.
- Saint Andrew's is an Episcopal, coeducational, Pre-K through 8th-grade day school enrolling 320 students from a wide geographic area of Silicon Valley.
- The mission of Saint Andrew's School is to offer an enriched curriculum within the tradition and values of the Episcopal Church.
- We aim to educate the whole child, developing as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical capabilities of a student.
- Saint Andrew's offers a strong academic program based on a traditional curriculum, with an emphasis also in the areas of integrated technology, the studio and performing arts, physical education, Spanish, citizenship, and community service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants/plaid skirt and sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,330|
|Tuition Notes||Full-day Pre-Kindergarten tuition for the '17-'18 academic year is $21,865. Kindergarten-eighth grade tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year is $27,330.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,305|
|Admissions Director||Lani C. Mah|
|Admissions Associate||Renee Gurza|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Math Counts!, Math Olympiad, Service Club, Student Council, Tech Challenge Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Rock Band, Spring Musical Cast
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Saint Andrew's Episcopal School is a coeducational, Pre-K through Grade Eight day school. Saint Andrew's offers an advanced, comprehensive academic program plus enrichment in the areas of the studio and performing arts, physical education, foreign languages, technology, character development, religion and community service.
- Founded in 1961, the school serves 320 students from over 15 communities in the South Bay and Peninsula Area. Accreditation Saint Andrew's Episcopal School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The school is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and National Association of Episcopal Schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
90 E Latimer Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
- SunnyvaleGrades: NS-6 | 892 students
790 E Duane Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
- SaratogaGrades: PK-8 | 248 students
13718 Saratoga Ave
Saratoga, CA 95070
- San JoseGrades: NS-K | 95 students
1170 Foxworthy Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
- Los GatosGrades: PK-6 | 28 students
15080 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Saint Andrew's is an incredibly special school built upon an exemplary and dedicated faculty and staff. Surrounding that outstanding foundation is an entire community dedicated to the social, emotional and academic growth of each and every student. As an educator I understand, intimately, the importance of educating, cultivating and nurturing each and every child, each and everyday. For us, Saint Andrew's was the only choice.
- Posted by Parent - megmi
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.