5.00 (1 review)
Students enjoy recess on the school's 2.5 acre field each day. They sometimes use the field for PE class as well.
In addition to after school athletics, choral and instrumental groups, Saint Andrew's offers a wide variety of after school enrichment activities including Robotics, Cooking, Speech, Karate, Theatre, Chess...
Fifth grade students re-enacting The Battle of Lexington and Concord as part of their Walk Through the American Revolution assembly. On campus assemblies and off campus field trips are incorporated at each grade to complement the curriculum.
Second grade students taking part in music class - Lower School students take part in two enrichment classes each day. Options include Spanish, music, PE, technology, library, religion and art.
The sixth grade math and science lab features white board tables where students can quickly compute solutions or map out a hypothesis.
Technology is integrated throughout the Saint Andrew's curriculum. Each classroom includes an ActivBoard and the school offers a 1:1 laptop program for students in grade four through eight, plus a 1:1 iPad program for students in kindergarten through third grade. All students attend weekly technology classes as part of their regular schedule.
- Saint Andrew's is an Episcopal, coeducational, Pre-K through 8th grade day school enrolling 385 students from a wide geographic area of Silicon Valley.
- The mission of Saint Andrew's School is to offer an enriched curriculum within the tradition and values of the Episcopal Church.
- We aim to educate the whole child, developing as fully as possible the intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical capabilities of a student.
- Saint Andrew's offers a strong academic program based on a traditional curriculum, with an emphasis also in the areas of integrated technology, the studio and performing arts, physical education, Spanish, citizenship, and community service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy pants/plaid skirt and sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,384|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Kindergarten tuition for the '14-'15 academic year is $14,032. If the student re-enrolls in Kindergarten for the '15-'16 year, $2,340 of the Pre-K tuition will be credited to the student's '15-'16 Kindergarten tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Lani C. Mah|
|Admissions Associate||Irene Cheng|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletics, Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Math Counts!, National Junior Honor Society, Rock Band, Spring Musical Cast, Student Council, Yearbook Athletics, Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Math Counts!, Rock Band, Yearbook, National Junior Honor Society,
Spring Musical Cast,
- Saint Andrew's Episcopal School is a coeducational, Pre-K through Grade Eight day school. Saint Andrew's offers an advanced, comprehensive academic program plus enrichment in the areas of the studio and performing arts, physical education, foreign languages, technology, character development, religion and community service.
- Founded in 1961, the school serves 379 students from over 15 communities in the South Bay and Peninsula Area. Accreditation Saint Andrew's Episcopal School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools and the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The school is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and National Association of Episcopal Schools.
Profile last updated: 02/25/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
90 E Latimer Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
SunnyvaleGrades: NS-6 | 892 students
790 E Duane Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
SaratogaGrades: PK-8 | 248 students
13718 Saratoga Ave
Saratoga, CA 95070
Los GatosGrades: PK-8 | 315 students
300 Marchmont Dr
Los Gatos, CA 95032
San JoseGrades: PK-12 | 2030 students
500 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
Saint Andrew's is an incredibly special school built upon an exemplary and dedicated faculty and staff. Surrounding that outstanding foundation is an entire community dedicated to the social, emotional and academic growth of each and every student. As an educator I understand, intimately, the importance of educating, cultivating and nurturing each and every child, each and everyday. For us, Saint Andrew's was the only choice.
- Posted by Parent - megmi
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.