5.00 (2 reviews)
Hillbrook School Photo #2 - Hillbrook's historic Tower building houses our charming Reading Room and is a Los Gatos historic building.
Hillbrook School Photo #3 - Our students, staff, and faculty gather in the amphitheater weekly during "Flag" to share announcements and jokes!
Hillbrook School Photo #4 - Hillbrook's campus features an array of outdoor learning spaces including gardens, a student-made orchard, and a creek.
Hillbrook School Photo #5 - Hillbrook stands at the leading edge in educational technology, and was one of the first schools in the world to introduce a 1:1 iPad program.
Hillbrook School Photo #7 - Hillbrook's Makerspace is a reflection of the school's commitment to staying at the leading edge of best practices in education and giving students a place to tinker, think creative and critically, collaborate, and prototype their ideas and projects.
Hillbrook School Photo #8 - Every bit of our 14-acre campus unleashes our students' sense of exploration, growth, and inspiration. Middle school students relax near our on-campus creek during lunch.
Hillbrook School Photo #9 - Lower school students connect and play on the JK-2nd grade playground during recess.
- An independent school junior kindergarten-8th grade school in Los Gatos since 1935, Hillbrook`s verdant 14-acre campus features rustic trails, a creek, outdoor gardens, and more.
- A school in and of the innovative spirit of the Silicon Valley, Hillbrook has been at the forefront of the Maker`s Movement for more than 80 years, knowing that design, engineering, risk-taking, and creation should be a core part of every child`s educational experience.
- Hillbrook`s dynamic academic programs in math, science, the arts, foreign language, history, and more, highlighted by real-world learning experiences, challenge students to reach beyond, a staple of Hillbrook`s student experience.
- One of the first schools in the world to implement a 1:1 iPad program, Hillbrook aims to remain on the leading edge of best practices in elementary education that can further enhance an extraordinary learning experience that keeps students at the center of their learning.
- The recently-launched Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship, the only JK-8th grade center of its type in the world, partners with the local community, allowing our students to be at the center of transforming their curiosities, questions, and ideas into projects that reach beyond Hillbrook.
- Discover a place where student choice and engagement are known, valued, and placed at the center of every learning experience. That`s the Hillbrook Way.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,500|
|Tuition Notes||24% of students receive Flexible Tuition Grants|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rakiya Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Jami Johnson|
|Endowment Size||$2 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Class, Coding, Cooking, Dance, G.L.I. (Girls Learn International), H.E.R.O. (Helping Everyone Reach Out), Knitting and sewing, LEGO Engineering, Music, Student Council, Tech Squad, Theater Arts
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Glee Glub, Woodworking
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Yoga
- Ask any child on our campus about Hillbrook's Core Values and they will readily share ours: "Be Kind, Be Curious, Take Risks, Be Your Best."
- Our Vision: To inspire students to reach beyond themselves and make a difference in the world.
- Our Mission: Hillbrook provides an extraordinary educational experience that fosters a love of learning in our students and helps them develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence to achieve their highest individual potential in school and in life. At Hillbrook, students are known and valued as individuals and every day is a journey of self-discovery, imaginative thinking, creative problem solving, and friendship.
- Notable Programs:
- The recently-launched Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Hillbrook, the only junior kindergarten-8th grade center of its type in the world, partners with the local community, allowing our students to be at the center of transforming their curiosities, questions, and ideas into projects that reach beyond Hillbrook. Discover a place where student choice and engagement are known, valued, and placed at the center of every learning experience.
- The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) at Hillbrook School is a learning institute dedicated to the continual, intentional growth of educators at Hillbrook and beyond.
- The Resident Teacher Program highlights HIllbrook's co-teaching model, placing Resident Teachers alongside lead teachers, maintaining a 1:7 teacher-to-student ratio, and enabling teaching teams to meet each child where they are in their learning and development everyday.
- Our Graduates: There is no better way to see how the Hillbrook experience carries our students throughout their lives than by hearing from our graduates yourself: Click here to hear from recent Hillbrook alumni.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Gatos Grades: NS-8 | 144 students
220 Belgatos Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408)358-9080 1.9 NS-8
- Los Gatos Grades: K-8 | 169 students
14855 Oka Rd Ste 100
Los Gatos, CA 95032
(408)984-6700 1.8 K-8
- Campbell Grades: PK-8 | 161 students
400 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)378-5935 4.1 PK-8
The 1:1 iPad program allows for instant access to technology as well as innovative approaches to learning. In a single class period students can take photos or video, upload them to a google doc to collaborate with classmates, comment on a blog post entry, and listen to a peer's podcast. My 5th grader actively uses multiple apps for recording and listening to his Mandarin Chinese homework. In addition to world language, he benefits from a multitude of resources including the iLab, flag football and basketball programs, and a music program that honors diversity. We feel very fortunate that our two children attend Hillbrook.
- Posted by Parent - Eden M.
My nephew is in 1st grade at Hillbrook, and it has been the absolute best experience for him--educationally, personally, and socially. I work in education myself, so I have seen all different types of learning environments at a variety of schools. Hillbrook does an amazing job of balancing academics with real-world critical thinking skills, allowing their students to be successful in high school and beyond. I am a counselor at a local private high school, and I have the opportunity to work with Hillbrook students when they arrive here. They are some of the most academically prepared, but more importantly (in my opinion) they have the skills that we hope all of our students learn to possess. They are respectful, independent, self-starters, who are looking at the world beyond just the class they are sitting in. When past Hillbrook students are applying to college, they are presented with some of the best colleges in the country to attend. I love the opportunity to work with Hillbrook students in my job and feel grateful that my nephew will receive the same experiences.
- Posted by Teacher - Christine
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.