Saint Gregory's School
Tel: (518) 785-6621
- Founded in 1962, Saint Gregory's School is located on 22 acres in Loudonville, a suburb of Albany, New York.
- It is based on Roman Catholic tradition, and religion is taught throughout serving students from several local communities.
- The schools fundamental principles are academic excellence, Christian principles and leadership skills.
- Small class sizes, individual attention and advanced courses are offered.
- Saint Gregory's accepts boys and girls begining at age 3 to through 4th grade.
- Grades 5-8 are all male students. Starting in 2017, Grade 5 will be co-educational and progress as a co-ed class to graduation. By 2021, St. Gregory's School will be fully co-educational. Saint Gregorys offers a challenging program promoting the development of strong work habits and study skills.
- The fundamental skills of reading, writing, social studies, math, science, and reasoning are taught in a nurturing environment.
- Creativity and imagination are developed through art, music, and drama, which are integrated throughout the curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit website for information on Index Tuition program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Golf, Nordic Skiing,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Running Club, Ski and Snowboard Club
- Applicants must be in good academic and behavioral standing at current school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
(518) 434-6051 1.5 PK-12
- Latham Grades: PK-12 | 138 students
495 Watervliet Shaker Rd
Latham, NY 12110
(518) 785-5916 1.2 PK-12
- Albany Grades: 5-12 | 512 students
12 Airline Dr
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 452-9809 2.8 5-12
- Albany Grades: PK-8 | 542 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518) 465-4539 1.8 PK-8
- Latham Grades: PK-8 | 155 students
347 Old Loudon Road
Latham, NY 12110
(518) 785-6453 2.5 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?