Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 610 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
We have both a casual and formal uniform. Both are provided through Flynn & O
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Established in 2008, as Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School is a fully accredited college preparatory high school of the Diocese of Arlington, under the leadership of the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia. Rooted in the Dominican traditions of prayer, study, community, and service, Saint John Paul the Great is committed to the education and formation of youth, with special emphasis on the ethical development of students. The college preparatory curriculum challenges each student at the appropriate level offering three levels of academic study Academic, Advanced, and Honors/AP. The curriculum also includes a four year Bioethics curriculum which makes John Paul the Great the only high school in the country to do so. Written specifically for the school, the Bioethics program provides students with the ethical foundation needed to address the serious medical and bio-tech issues of today. Through this program, students are encouraged to make wise personal decisions and learn how to responsibly promote ethical policies and practices which bring greater respect and dignity to the human person. John Paul the Great was the first high school in Virginia to institute the House System, which fosters school spirit and provides opportunities for students to participate and lead on a regular basis through various competitions, team-building activities, and service projects. John Paul the Great also offers a wide range of co-curricular activities and 17 different sports competing at the Varsity and Junior Varsity levels through the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association. The school`s exceptional faculty and staff have built a dynamic environment which will enable your child to prepare academically for college while also enjoying a full, happy, high school experience. The school emphasizes individual student achievement, character formation, spiritual growth, leadership skills, and relationship-building in a fun, safe, supportive setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School offer?
Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School offers 19 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track and Wrestling. Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for most sports offered.
What is Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School's ranking?
Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School?
The application deadline for Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards