Evangel Christian School
- Evangel Christian School was founded in 1969 by Evangel Baptist Church to assist parents in the education of their children and to instill Biblical principles and Christian character in the student. The school seeks to train young people to reach their fullest potential spiritually, academically, physically, and socially.
- The curriculum has been designed to meet that purpose by combining the Christian philosophy and way of life as set forth in the Bible with the educational requirements set forth by Virginia state law.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1190|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Julie Inge|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- Classes are self-contained, administered by a teacher and have controlled student-teacher ratio.
- The curriculum draws upon quality materials from sources such as A BEKA Books (Pensacola Christian Schools), Bob Jones University, and others.
- The study of the Bible is required for all classes. For the sake of uniformity, the textbooks, curriculum, and assigned memory work are based on the King James Version of the Bible.
- Students in grades 4-12th participate in Old Dominion Association of Church Schools (ODACS) annual Fine Arts Competition at the regional and state level. High school students who win at the state level compete at the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) National Fine Arts Competition.
- Offers K3, K4, and K5 classes along with before and after care. These classes use a preschool curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-6 | 133 students
1424 G Street
Woodbridge, VA 22191
(703)491-3810 3.3 PK-6
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.