St Thomas Aquinas Regional School
One of our Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia, Sister Amata Christi, led her students at St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School on a food drive to benefit the Society Of St Vincent Depaul OLA Conference Inc.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School students participating in our Youth Rally during Catholic Schools Week
- St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School was founded in 1977, as a mission of the Dominican Sisters of Nashville, Tennessee, St. Cecilia Congregation.
- Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment that fosters truth through knowledge and educates the whole child—intellectually, spiritually, and socially.
- We provide focused, challenging Pre-K through Eighth Grade program, including algebra, Spanish, fine arts, technology training, science lab, library, and noncredit enrichment courses.
- Additional advanced placement classes are available through the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math program offered on-site by Johns Hopkins, Center for Talented Youth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Science, Technology, Engineering and Math courses offered on-side through Johns Hopkins|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform shirt and pants/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,640|
|Tuition Notes||Several tuition rates exist. $5,640 is for Catholic families registered in one of our three parishes. Rates for non-parishioners and non-Catholics are available upon request.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Karen Cardinale|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Maria Moghtadaie|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
- St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School was founded in 1977, as a mission of the Dominican Sisters of Nashville, Tennessee, St. Cecilia Congregation. Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment that fosters truth through knowledge and educates the whole child—intellectually, spiritually, and socially. We provide focused, challenging Pre-K through 8th Grade program, including algebra, Spanish, fine arts, technology training, science lab, library, and noncredit enrichment courses.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-12 | 508 students
13909 Smoketown Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703)670-3822 2.4 PK-12
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-12 | 391 students
14510 Spriggs Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22193
(703)680-6629 6.7 PK-12
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-6 | 133 students
1424 G Street
Woodbridge, VA 22191
(703)491-3810 0.6 PK-6
- Woodbridge Grades: PK-12 | 213 students
14836 Ashdale Ave
Woodbridge, VA 22193
(703)670-7127 3 PK-12
- Woodbridge Grades: NS-8 | 245 students
3480 Commission Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703)491-1444 3.9 NS-8
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.