Cardinal Montessori School
- Cardinal Montessori School (CMS) is the oldest AMS affiliated Montessori school in Prince William County with roots back to 1959. Our school is committed to assist each child to reach his/her full potential in the areas of child development.
- Our philosophy begins with a belief that a child comes to us with unlimited potential and must be treated with respect and dignity as the adult they are to become.
- The most important qualities a child develops in our classes are self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, self-discipline, thinking skills, and a love of learning.
- Each child is taught that they are capable of making decisions that influence them and that they are responsible for the decisions made.
Cardinal Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Must be former, current or enrolled in fall to attend|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Under Five $6,000 Tuition Over Five $8,500 Extended Day Care: Extra Under Five $5,300. Over Five $3,200.|
|Admissions Director||Erick V. Gallegos|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodbridge Grades: NS | 126 students
13506 Minnieville Rd
Woodbridge, VA 22192
(703)670-8695 2.7 NS
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.