Saint John's Preparatory School
'The inter-disciplinary and project-based approach to the curriculum are outstanding attributes of the Middle School Program at Prep.' - Current Prep Parent
- Saint John's Preparatory School is a Catholic/Benedictine, co-educational, day and boarding college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th grade.
- Saint John's Prep is proud to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization's Diploma Programme.
- Our school is a truly a global community. Students attend Saint John's Prep from the local area, across the United States and from around the world. In fact, 25% of our students come from 17 different countries in 2013-14.
- We offer rigorous academics along with spiritual growth. Students also have the opportunity to choose from over 40 different extra-curricular activities, including athletics, theatre, Knowledge Bowl and more! Our school is nestled on 2,700 acre campus is filled with beautiful lakes and woods.
- Visit our website for a virtual tour or call to schedule a personalized visit.
- We look forward to sharing the many opportunities available to you.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||312 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP European History, AP German, AP Literature, AP Spanish,|
|Average SAT score||1340|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,999|
|Tuition Notes||5 or 7-day boarding also available for US and International students (costs vary)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,405|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Jo Leighton|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Hartog|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Campus Ministry, Dance, Film Club, German Club, Investment Club, Knowledge Bowl, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Ministry, Spanish Club, Student Government, World Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Jazz Band, String Ensemble, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Biking, Canoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, Indoor soccer, Racquetball, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Walking, Weight Lifting
- Catholic/Benedictine - All faiths welcome
- College-preparatory school
- Offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Organization's Diploma Programme
- Global community with students from 17 different countries
- Class of 2016 average ACT score = 29.1
- 44 Extra-curricular activities to choose from
- Beautiful campus set on 2,700 acres of lakes and woods
- 100% of 2016 graduates that applied to a 4 year college/university were accepted.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint CloudGrades: PK-12 | 26 students
1425 County Road 134
Saint Cloud, MN 56303
- Saint JosephGrades: K-7 | 129 students
32 W Minnesota St
Saint Joseph, MN 56374
- Waite ParkGrades: KG-12 | 24 students
1705 County Road 137
Waite Park, MN 56387
- Waite ParkGrades: PK-6 | 97 students
108 6th Ave N
Waite Park, MN 56387
- Cold SpringGrades: PK-6 | 307 students
501 Main St
Cold Spring, MN 56320
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.