- Founded in 1915 and still guided by lay Roman Catholics, Canterbury is a college preparatory, coeducational boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12.
- The school prides itself on creating a community based on Catholic values, where students and faculty forge lasting bonds and every student experiences a broad and challenging program in a small school setting.
- The school's educational environment fosters academic rigor, athletic development, artistic enrichment and spiritual growth.
- The hallmark of a Canterbury education is the school's willingness to accept students as they are, support them where necessary, stretch them where appropriate, and inspire them to become moral leaders in a secular world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,100|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition: $38050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Keith Holton|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WatertownGrades: 9-12 | 595 students
110 Woodbury Road
Watertown, CT 06795
- GillGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
- LakevilleGrades: 9-12 | 614 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
- KentGrades: 9-12 | 572 students
Po Box 2006 I Macedonia Road
Kent, CT 06757
- DanburyGrades: 9-12 | 495 students
73 Southern Blvd
Danbury, CT 06810
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.