- Top Ranked CT School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 572 students
- Yearly Tuition: $60,400
- Acceptance rate: 42%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Kent School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
Academics and Faculty
boys coat/tie, girls slacks/blazer or skirt/blouse
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Adopt-a Grandparent, Amnesty International, Animal Rights Club, Art Club, Asian Culture Club, Bell Ringing Guild, Biology Olympiad, Buddhist Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Diversity and Culture Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Environmental Club, Female Engineers Club, Fencing Club, FOCUS- Fellowship of Christian Universities and Schools, French Club, Gay-Straight Alliance, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer International, Hillel, Improv Club, International Club, Kent Daily Update (Student online news, info, contests), Kent News - Student Newspaper, Knitting Club, Math Team, Mission Committee, Model U.N., More than 30 clubs and organizations, My Soldier Club, Outdoor Club, Peer Counselors, Philosophy Club, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Playwriting Club, Poets Society, REACH- Community Service, SAGE- Students Affirming Gender Equality, Sandy Hook Promise, Spanish Club, Spirit Club, The Cauldron- Literary Magazine, Theater Club (travels to see plays and musicals), Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Chapel Choir, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Dance, Jazz Band, Kent Music Honor Society, Kentettes- A Cappella, Kentones- A Cappella, Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Soccer, Club Squash, Club Tennis, Fitness, Mountain Biking, Road Biking, Student Athletic Trainer, Yoga
- At Kent School our mission is to serve those who strive to grow in knowledge, skill, spirit, and wisdom; to nurture striving where it falters; and to prepare all, in turn, for service to others. In keeping with our Judeo-Christian heritage and affiliation with the Episcopal Church, we center our school life in our Chapel. In so doing, we endeavor to center our own spiritual lives while learning to understand and respect each other's beliefs and differences. Kent seeks to provide us all with a strong, traditional liberal arts curriculum that prepares us for a life of learning and growth, so that over time our informed ideas may enrich and improve our own lives, the lives of our families and communities, and our changing world; an arts program that encourages and supports self-discovery and creative expression in music and the visual arts, in literature and poetry, in theatre and dance; an athletics program that encourages and develops life-long personal fitness and character through a variety of team and individual opportunities, not only for our many champions in competition, but for all; opportunities to serve others in the school community and in the wider world, while learning that service to others is an important and fulfilling response to our world's urgent needs; and a structured environment that challenges us all to cultivate an ordered life, to accept personal responsibility, and to form the values and habits that permit our discovery and ethical pursuit of our own highest purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kent School cost?
Kent School's tuition is approximately $60,400 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Kent School?
The acceptance rate of Kent School is 42%, which is lower than the national average of 68%. Kent School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Connecticut with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Kent School offer?
Kent School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming and Tennis. Kent School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for most sports offered.
What is Kent School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Kent School?
The application deadline for Kent School is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Kent School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards