Saint Mary's Catholic School
- St. Mary`s Catholic School of Greenville was founded in 1900 and is now home to 250 children in grades K3 through 8.
- The Catholic school is the most important apostolic work of St. Mary`s Church, and every family in the parish is strongly encouraged to educate their children in Saint Mary`s Catholic School.
- Academic excellence, athletic challenge, artistic expression, and character formation are all at the service of teaching the Gospel to our students and calling them to follow the Lord Jesus as faithful disciples.
- This evangelical purpose shapes every dimension of life at the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Algebra I, Honors English I, Honors French I, Honors Spanish I|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,300|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner tuition and fees = $6300 Non-Parishioner tuition and fees=$8300 Tuition Assistance for Saint Mary's Parishioners|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nelle Palms|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Coding Club, Rosary Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginning and Advanced Band, Choral Club
- Students in grades K5 through 8th grade are tested before being accepted into Saint Mary's School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.