Salmon Creek Community School
- Salmon Creek Community School is a private nonprofit school, established in 1970 to meet the educational needs of the children in our rural community.
- Throughout its history, the school has offered a creative, caring environment for learning and an emphasis on valuing the individual and the community.
- Together, teachers, parents and community volunteers create a rich, challenging and positive classroom experience for our children.
- Language arts, math, science and social studies compose the foundation of our academic program.
- Music, movement, handwork, art, drama and Spanish are incorporated into a standards-based curriculum.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redway Grades: PK-5 | 83 students
5 Cemetery Rd
Redway, CA 95560
(707)923-3617 8 PK-5
- Fortuna Grades: PK-12 | 97 students
1355 Ross HIll Road
Fortuna, CA 95540
(707)725-9136 28.8 PK-12
- Eureka Grades: K-11 | 22 students
2845 Saint James Pl
Eureka, CA 95503
(707)445-2214 41 K-11
- Covelo Grades: NS-7 | 14 students
77650 Crawford Rd
Covelo, CA 95428
(707)983-6822 41.6 NS-7
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.