Salmon Creek Community School
Tel: (707) 943-1500
- Salmon Creek Community School is a private nonprofit school, established in 1970 to meet the educational needs of the children in our rural community.
- Throughout its history, the school has offered a creative, caring environment for learning and an emphasis on valuing the individual and the community.
- Together, teachers, parents and community volunteers create a rich, challenging and positive classroom experience for our children.
- Language arts, math, science and social studies compose the foundation of our academic program.
- Music, movement, handwork, art, drama and Spanish are incorporated into a standards-based curriculum.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school to Salmon Creek Community School is New Life Christian School/great Beginnings Prescho (28.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school and preschool is Begininings Inc. (8.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redway Grades: PK-5 | 83 students
5 Cemetery Rd
Redway, CA 95560
(707) 923-3617 8 PK-5
- Fortuna Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
1355 Ross HIll Road
Fortuna, CA 95540
(707) 725-9136 28.8 PK-12
- Eureka Grades: 2-12 | 24 students
2845 Saint James Pl
Eureka, CA 95503
(707) 445-2214 41 2-12
- Covelo Grades: NS-7 | 14 students
77650 Crawford Rd
Covelo, CA 95428
(707) 983-6822 41.6 NS-7
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.