Salmon Creek Community School
- Salmon Creek Community School is a private nonprofit school, established in 1970 to meet the educational needs of the children in our rural community.
- Throughout its history, the school has offered a creative, caring environment for learning and an emphasis on valuing the individual and the community.
- Together, teachers, parents and community volunteers create a rich, challenging and positive classroom experience for our children.
- Language arts, math, science and social studies compose the foundation of our academic program.
- Music, movement, handwork, art, drama and Spanish are incorporated into a standards-based curriculum.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redway Grades: PK-5 | 83 students
5 Cemetery Rd
Redway, CA 95560
(707)923-3617 8 PK-5
- Fortuna Grades: 1-10 | 21 students
3131 Mcdermott St
Fortuna, CA 95540
(707)768-1709 27 1-10
- Fortuna Grades: PK-12 | 97 students
1355 Ross HIll Road
Fortuna, CA 95540
(707)725-9136 28.8 PK-12
- Eureka Grades: K-11 | 22 students
2845 Saint James Pl
Eureka, CA 95503
(707)445-2214 41 K-11
To prep for the preschool admissions test or not to prep. That is the question.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.