San Martin De Porres Catholic School
Tel: (956) 973-8642
- San Martin de Porres Catholic School was founded in 1999.
- Mission statement: San Martin de Porres Catholic School strives to develop and inspire strong Christian values and academic excellence; thus empowering our children to become tomorrow's leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
- Program Design:
- The Montessori curriculum and methods are used with the PreKinder and Kinder students.
- Traditional Catholic School curriculum is used with Grades 1 to 3.
- The ITBS Testing program is used in the Spring of each year to evaluate students and classes.
- Religion classes are taught each day with Mass on Fridays.
- Uniforms are required.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Weslaco Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
417 S Westgate Drive
Weslaco, TX 78596
(956) 968-6232 1.3 PK-12
- Harlingen Grades: PK-5 | 40 students
3943 Bourbon St
Harlingen, TX 78550
(956) 423-5050 19.2 PK-5
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.