Sandbox Learning Center
Tel: (708) 349-7557
- Sandbox learning center has been providing high quality child care in the community for over 39 years.
- Sandbox continues its commitment to excel in early care and education.
- Our goal is to make each child ready for future schooling by giving the necessary academic skills and to instill in each child a love of learning and a sense of adventure in the search for knowledge.
- The sandbox believes that each child possesses great dignity, and deserves to be treated with respect, and that, in the proper environment, children will develop a love of learning and a learning to love self, friends, and the world around us.
- Sandbox preschool Goal is to develop in all children a positive self-image and a sense of adventure in the search for knowledge.
- To provide developmental opportunities and experiences meeting the cognitive, the social, the emotional and physical needs of each child.
- To help each child adjust and become secure and happy, and self-confident in this new environment.
- To prepare the child for future schooling by allowing development at his/her individual pace.
- To provide quality care in a homelike atmosphere that is comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those children requiring part or all day care.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orland Park Grades: NS-PK
14632 John Humphrey Dr
Orland Park, IL 60462
(708) 349-4990 0.8 NS-PK
- Orland Park Grades: PK-8 | 698 students
14355 Highland Ave
Orland Park, IL 60462
(708) 349-0068 0.9 PK-8
- Orland Park Grades: PK-6 | 36 students
14249 S. Wolf Rd
Orland Park, IL 60467
(708) 244-2424 1.8 PK-6
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?