School Of The New Moon
- At School Of The New Moon, we provide an extended family atmosphere where cooperation and mutual support are stressed.
- From a background of the Montessori Method and the British Integrated Day Program, we are concerned with the ethical, mental, emotional and physical development of each child.
- By providing skills for each child's emotional and social progress, the child becomes more capable of interacting with his environment and learning from his experience.
- The curriculum includes Language Arts, Math, Science, Geography, Social Studies, Music, Art and Drama.
- Each year we study a different country and immerse ourselves in the music, dress, natural resources, foods, customs, language, holidays and art of that culture.
- The children are encouraged to create their own dramatic productions which they present to their classmates in our "Little Theater," a separate building.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.