School Of The New Moon
- At School Of The New Moon, we provide an extended family atmosphere where cooperation and mutual support are stressed.
- From a background of the Montessori Method and the British Integrated Day Program, we are concerned with the ethical, mental, emotional and physical development of each child.
- By providing skills for each child's emotional and social progress, the child becomes more capable of interacting with his environment and learning from his experience.
- The curriculum includes Language Arts, Math, Science, Geography, Social Studies, Music, Art and Drama.
- Each year we study a different country and immerse ourselves in the music, dress, natural resources, foods, customs, language, holidays and art of that culture.
- The children are encouraged to create their own dramatic productions which they present to their classmates in our "Little Theater," a separate building.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed School Of The New Moon also viewed these schools: Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017