Seguin Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (830) 433-4131
Seguin Christian Academy (SCA) was founded in 2012 to offer educational alternatives for all families.
SCA's mission is "Caring for God's children; Sharing the love of Jesus; and Preparing today's students for the future." Our mission is accomplished through loving Christian teachers using the Bible as the foundation for all truth.
Children are taught by example to worship Christ, love their country, and respect those who are in authority over them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform for chapel, Daily Jeans & Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||Kinder and PACE tuitions are lower|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Mitzi McDonald|
- Small Classes/Customized Education
- SCA's small class sizes allow teachers to better individualize instruction to meet each student's needs.
- Active Learning
- Through a variety of courses including Art, Music, Technology Applications, Library/Research Skills, and PE, SCA endeavors to develop the whole child. In addition, "Project-based Learning" is utilized to encourage students to apply what they are learning to real world situations. SCA's 12.6 acre property allows teachers to take their classes outside for hands-on activities.
- Biblical World-view Education
- Christian curriculum from BJU Press and other Christian publishers is utilized to ensure a consistent Biblical world-view.
- Students attend Chapel on the first school day of each week. The Chapel lesson is presented by various pastors and Christian leaders from the community. SCA is a non-denominational Christian school; therefore, the daily Bible lessons focus on what is written in the Bible - not doctrine.
- After school care
- After school care is availabe from 3:30-5:30pm for $10/day. (After care is not available on early release days.)
- Hot lunch option
- Students have the option of buying a hot lunch through the Kingsbury Cafe or bringing a lunch from home.
- Accredited School
- Seguin Christian Academy is accredited through the Accrediting Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools and is an active member of the Association of Christian Schools, International.
Seguin Christian Academy has been an excellent school home for my child. She is excited about going to school everyday which means she is excited about learning.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
So far 4 of my foster children have attended SCA. I love the small classes and attention my children are able to receive. Two of my kids were at or above grade level when they started and two are struggling. SCA has been able to meet the needs of all of them with the help of their army of awesome volunteers. The Library is staffed by retired teachers who volunteer their time because they have hearts for Christ and for the children. In addition to a solid education, my children are learning morals and values based on the Bible. I couldn't be more pleased!
- Posted by Parent - FosterParent
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.